SDR Trunk audio channel assignment

bharvey2

I've been a user of SDR tuners and software for several years but have just recently given SDR Trunk a try. By and large I'm very happy with its performance. However, I still haven't figured out a way to direct specific transmissions of a trunked system to be directed to a specific left or right audio channel of my computer system. Is this possible? e.g. can I direct fires dispatch talkgroups to the left audio channel and police dispatch talkgroups to the right audio channel? Currently it seems that SDR Trunk randomly assigns a talkgroup transmission to the first available audio channel. I'm assuming this can be done especially if one were to stream. I've looked in the SDR Trunk wiki instructions and gone through several years of posts in this section of the forum but haven't found the answer.

bharvey2

Well, that's no fun. It seems like it would be an obvious feature especially to facilitate ease of streaming. But, thanks for getting back to me and answering my question so quickly.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I would recommend letting SDRTrunk record the TGs you are interested in and listen to your recordings via Trunking Recorder. This will resolve the two audio channel limitations.

bharvey2

I would recommend letting SDRTrunk record the TGs you are interested in and listen to your recordings via Trunking Recorder. This will resolve the two audio channel limitations.

I'm not concerned much about having too few separate audio channels but rather being able to direct them to specific speakers so that I can identify them immediately when not looking at the SDR Trunk screen.