SDRSharp Database ??

73cuda

I'm fairly new to SDR, I'm using an RTLSDR v3 dongle and running SDRSharp 1919 with FM/Scanner plugin, using a discone on the roof and it's doing pretty good. Even getting decent HF.

My question: is there a database available for Central Florida area that can be imported then used to scan that group ?

sunwave

Premium Subscriber
I'm fairly new to SDR, I'm using an RTLSDR v3 dongle and running SDRSharp 1919 with FM/Scanner plugin, using a discone on the roof and it's doing pretty good. Even getting decent HF.

My question: is there a database available for Central Florida area that can be imported then used to scan that group ?
Which county in central Florida are you in? There is a database that you can just view as a non-premium member but you must have a RR premium subscription to download database files. Let's hope there is analogue agencies near you!

Lowest tier is $15 for 180 days (6 months). Help support the only scanner frequency database on the web!:)

Also be prepared for the possibility of central Florida to have digital voice trunked radio systems. If they are DMR or APCO P25 Phase 1 then a couple of plug-ins can be added to SDR#. The problem with that is you will have incomplete radio traffic. Everyone will recommend purchasing DSDPlus Fastlane for digital trunked system monitoring.

I don't have FM scanner plug-in for SDR# v1919. I can imagine it will let you manually enter frequencies and labels. SDR# can't follow trunked systems.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

There is a database that you can just view as a non-premium member but you must have a RR premium subscription to download database files.

Think the Op is looking to download a file and import into SDR#.

SDR# will not import any of the files that Radio Reference offers for download. RR files are csv and pdf and pretty sure the files used in SDR# are still xml.

I don't have FM scanner plug-in for SDR# v1919. I can imagine it will let you manually enter frequencies and labels. SDR# can't follow trunked systems.

You can manually add freqs and labels but very it's time consuming. Looking at a file I manually created, each entry basically looks like this.

<MemoryEntry>
<IsScanned>false</IsScanned>
<IsFavourite>true</IsFavourite>
<Name>NYPD Inter-Agency TAC</Name>
<GroupName>NYPD</GroupName>
<Frequency>460487500</Frequency>
<DetectorType>NFM</DetectorType>
<Shift>0</Shift>
<FilterBandwidth>12500</FilterBandwidth>
<CenterFrequency>460487500</CenterFrequency>
</MemoryEntry>

morfis

Shortened frequencies.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ArrayOfMemoryEntry xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<MemoryEntry>
<IsFavourite>false</IsFavourite>
<Name>USAF E6 Simulcast 50 Bd/50Hz shift Baudot FSK RTTY</Name>
<GroupName>Airband - Military</GroupName>
<Frequency>17800</Frequency>
<DetectorType>USB</DetectorType>
<Shift>0</Shift>
<FilterBandwidth>3000</FilterBandwidth>
</MemoryEntry>
<MemoryEntry>
<Name>Company Operations</Name>
<GroupName>Airband - Civil</GroupName>
<Frequency>131750000</Frequency>
<DetectorType>AM</DetectorType>
<Shift>0</Shift>
<FilterBandwidth>6000</FilterBandwidth>
</MemoryEntry>
<MemoryEntry>
<Name>RB08 Input</Name>
<GroupName>Amateur</GroupName>
<Frequency>434800000</Frequency>
<DetectorType>NFM</DetectorType>
<Shift>0</Shift>
<FilterBandwidth>11000</FilterBandwidth>
</MemoryEntry>
</ArrayOfMemoryEntry>

Taking the <MemoryEntry>.... </MemoryEntry> it is trivial to use a spreadsheet program to populate the database from the parts of a csv exported from radioreference or any of the other online frequency databases. No need to do one line at a time. sdrsharp will accept the xml without each tag being on a separate line as long as the tags are correct. On loading it will sort the xml file in frequency order and, when you exit, save it in the default single tag per line format again.
If you choose to do the creation using scripts it is even quicker and easier.

73cuda

Think the Op is looking to download a file and import into SDR#.

SDR# will not import any of the files that Radio Reference offers for download. RR files are csv and pdf and pretty sure the files used in SDR# are still xml.
Yes that's what I was looking to do.

I realize almost all PS and fire are encrypted in this area (Marion and Lake counties) so I'm not looking for that but I am everything else. I've already found a good many and entered them into frequency manager. I would like to monitor Duke Energy if possible though, (?) among others.

I'll keep searching on SDR# and add as I find them.

Thanks for all the helpful replies !