SDS100/SDS200: SDS-100 replacement / upgrade keys??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkas

Premium Subscriber
i have a sds-100. Recently the function knob is acting up. When you rotate it one click it jumps two or three. I have the ext warranty through bearcat warehouse where i purhcased it in April 2021. They agreed to replace it. My question is i purchased the DMR and NXDN upgrades directly from uniden. Will my keys work in a new SDS-100 scanner or does anyone know if uniden will give me free new keys to load in. I do not want to spend another $110 on upgrades

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Different ESN - different keys required for the upgrades on the new radio.

Did you buy the upgrades via BCW, or my.uniden?
If BCW, make them give you new keys to replace the ones you purchased.

If from Uniden, contact them and make sure you have all documentation proving replacement.
You may need to reach out to JoeBearcat (he may even be reading this) if you need assistance with Uniden.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
i have a sds-100. Recently the function knob is acting up. When you rotate it one click it jumps two or three. I have the ext warranty through bearcat warehouse where i purhcased it in April 2021. They agreed to replace it. My question is i purchased the DMR and NXDN upgrades directly from uniden. Will my keys work in a new SDS-100 scanner or does anyone know if uniden will give me free new keys to load in. I do not want to spend another $110 on upgrades

I know if Uniden replaces it they will include the keys. And your existing keys won’t work in a different radio. I’d ask BW how they plan on addressing this.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Did you buy the keys through Bearcat Warehouse? If so, they should take care of getting new keys. The only timr Uniden replaces keys is if a new main board is needed for a repair. Actually, I think Uniden Service can transfer the product keys.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I know awhile back when my 436 went to Uniden for repair... They replaced the mainboard...
And flashed the original ESN back to it...
I'd be curious to see how BW is going to handle this...

lkas

Premium Subscriber
i got the sds100 from BW. Once i had the unit i purchased the keys directly from uniden. BW stated to contact uniden when the unit is replaced. That to me is not a guarantee that i will not have a issue. I did email uniden and probably will not hear from them untill Monday. IF it get stuck paying $110 for the keys again i would have been better off just sending the sds100 directly to uniden for repair as it would have only cost $89 for a repair. I hope BW does not send me a refurbished unit. I will wait till i hear from uniden on monday or tues before i send my sds100 to BW.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
i got the sds100 from BW. Once i had the unit i purchased the keys directly from uniden. BW stated to contact uniden when the unit is replaced. That to me is not a guarantee that i will not have a issue. I did email uniden and probably will not hear from them untill Monday. IF it get stuck paying $110 for the keys again i would have been better off just sending the sds100 directly to uniden for repair as it would have only cost $89 for a repair. I hope BW does not send me a refurbished unit. I will wait till i hear from uniden on monday or tues before i send my sds100 to BW.

Spidey sense is telling me this won't go well.

lkas

Premium Subscriber
Spidey sense is telling me this won't go well.
seems like most places now a days. I just want my unit fixed. If they replace it, i want a new one and i want the two keys i purchased replaced. That's all, nothing extra. That is what the extended warranty is for.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
seems like most places now a days. I just want my unit fixed. If they replace it, i want a new one and i want the two keys i purchased replaced. That's all, nothing extra. That is what the extended warranty is for.

I completely understand. Hopefully I'm wrong in my feeling, but I just don't see Uniden willy nilly giving out keys to anyone that contacts them. Unless of course BW will contact them first and arrange everything.

lkas

Premium Subscriber
well, we shall. I will advise on what happens so future folks will know what to do. If i dont fix the issue like everything it will just get worse

donc13

Premium Subscriber
that i did not confirm but i have to call them monday and will ask. I do not want a refurbished unit
Not sure you have much choice there. Read the terms of your extended warranty. Many of them replace with refurbished only. After all, your non-working one is "used".

The "information" on BW's 2nd year plan only says you get a ONE TIME "replacement"

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Not sure you have much choice there. Read the terms of your extended warranty. Many of them replace with refurbished only. After all, your non-working one is "used".

The "information" on BW's 2nd year plan only says you get a ONE TIME "replacement"

Yeah, it's a rather vague extended warranty description.

lkas

Premium Subscriber
well i heard from BW today. They are replacing the SDS-100 with a new unit. They were able to duplicate the issue i had. I contacted uniden about my 2 upgrade keys. They request when i get the new unit to register it online and send them a copy of the new replacement reciept and they will issue new keys for me. I will have the new unit on thursday so hope all goes well

Status
Not open for further replies.