SDS100 - Backlight Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

divison200

Backlight Options ......Set Timer. Set at squelch. Set Dimmer set at 50%, Set Key Backlight set on enable,,, Flash w/Backlight Off set on Off,,,External Power set to Backlight On

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Backlight Options ......Set Timer. Set at squelch. Set Dimmer set at 50%, Set Key Backlight set on enable,,, Flash w/Backlight Off set on Off,,,External Power set to Backlight On

Thanks for the info and details. Yes, I have ensured that I have my radio as you suggested above and it does appear to be operating as set. When a transmission keys up, the backlight comes on. When they stop talking it goes off. Is that how yours operates?

mancow

Database Admin
Thanks for the info and details. Yes, I have ensured that I have my radio as you suggested above and it does appear to be operating as set. When a transmission keys up, the backlight comes on. When they stop talking it goes off. Is that how yours operates?

That's how mine works.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Hint: You can toggle the display on and off by tapping the power button.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Hint: You can toggle the display on and off by tapping the power button.

Copy that. Not that I want the display to be on constant while operating off the battery, but I do want to know how to keep it on if I wanted to for some reason.

Nasby

With the "squelch" setting, its supposed to illuminate when there is voice traffic then time itself off.

However, the bug with the squelch setting is that the display will often flicker on for a second or less and then become unilluminated while the channel is still active.

The squelch setting is popular and useful for battery opeartion as it allows the user to view the display only when the channel is active. Thus, saving battery life.

milcom_chaser

How is it with all the beta testers out there, this issue never surfaced for them?
A final firmware update before release?
You don't necessarily need to reply, just a rhetorical question perhaps...

W2SJW

Database Admin
My setting on that is 'off' as well, but from what I've been lead to believe, that ONLY applies to the behavior of the keypad illumination.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Did all of you figure this out? Display Options..Backlight Options..Set Timer...Select Event (Squelch)...Open Squelch. Working as expected here too. No firmware bug...let the engineers rest...lol!

Nasby

Did all of you figure this out? Display Options..Backlight Options..Set Timer...Select Event (Squelch)...Open Squelch. Working as expected here too. No firmware bug...let the engineers rest...lol!

My exact settings.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Well, consider yourself lucky! There are at least half a dozen of us confirming this behavior in this thread alone, and maybe numerous others that haven't spoken up for one reason or another. It's wholy depended on the type of system being monitored:

P25 - constant and often.
Moto Type-II - about 40% of the traffic.
EDACS - have not had a chance to test.
Conventional - never happens.

My settings are similar to yours - 'open squelch' on RF, 15 sec on key press.

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Well, consider yourself lucky! There are at least half a dozen of us confirming this behavior in this thread alone, and maybe numerous others that haven't spoken up for one reason or another. It's wholy depended on the type of system being monitored:

P25 - constant and often.
Moto Type-II - about 40% of the traffic.
EDACS - have not had a chance to test.
Conventional - never happens.

After reading this thread. I double-checked my settings as my display "flickered". Didn't think much of it, made the change and it's working. Missed the "Open Squelch" setting when I first received the scanner. Made the change and it's working well. Their are so many threads on the SDS100 in too many forums, I'm trying to catch up today.

W2SJW

Database Admin
After reading this thread. I double-checked my settings as my display "flickered". Didn't think much of it, made the change and it's working. Missed the "Open Squelch" setting when I first received the scanner. Made the change and it's working well. Their are so many threads on the SDS100 in too many forums, I'm trying to catch up today.
No doubt! I'm blowing-up Tapatalk here on my phone staying on top of things myself! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.