SDS100/SDS200: Sds100 favorite list

Status
Not open for further replies.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
I created a favorites but I’m not sure how to have the scanner just scan that favorites list?

May be a dumb question but can’t seem to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baj76

Uniden fanboy
Great question...I'm having the same problem, And im to dumb to look it up :)

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Assign the favorite list a quick key, and then enable only that key.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I created a favorites but I’m not sure how to have the scanner just scan that favorites list?

May be a dumb question but can’t seem to get it

If you have more than one Favorites list that have already been written to the scanner via Sentinel, proceed as follows:
On the scanner, press Menu
The top selection on the Menu screen is Set Scan Selection
With that choice highlighted, press E (yes/enter) to select
On the next screen, scroll down to highlight Select Lists to Monitor
Press E to select
On the screen that comes up next, you'll see all the favorites lists on the scanner. To the right of the list's name, you'll see On or Off
Lists labeled as On will be scanned when monitoring, and the systems on them will be monitored unless toggled off when location control is used.
Highlight each list that you want to change status on. If labeled as On, pressing the E will toggle it to Off. If it was set to Off, pressing E will flip it to On, and it will be monitored. Turning off every Favorites list except the one you want will restrict the scanner to only the one Favorites list. If you left all of them as Off, you would get the famous "Nothing to scan"

In Sentinel, you can edit your Profile. On the Scan Selection tab, after you start the Profile editor, you'll see a list of all the Favorites lists in Sentinel.
Select one or more lists to On in the Monitor column. Only those set to On will be monitored once you write the configuration to the scanner. Once you've done that, you can always change it on the scanner itself, as noted above, if you need to use a different Favorites list, or want to monitor an additional one. Make sure that the list you want to Monitor also shows as Yes in the Download column. You can have a list set to be downloaded (Yes) but still set not to be monitored as default (Monitor set to Off). Also download any other lists that you want to be available on the scanner, even if you don't intend to monitor them at the current time. Those would be set as Off in the Monitor column, but Yes in Download.

As Mark noted, you can also do that with a quick key.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
To add, in order to not scan the main dB, you need to set it to Off in the process Steve described, above.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a bunch for the detailed description this helped a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.