Status
Not open for further replies.

nrfd1994

Premium Subscriber
Soooo I've live in NY, more specifically Westchester NY and i have an SDS200 uniden scanner, I'm trying to listen to the Metro-25/ MTA MRRS system, it's a trunked p25 digital simulcast system from my understanding i downloaded straight from the RadioRefrence website via Proscan. The talk group specifically under the system I'm trying to listen to is (Port Chester PD DSP) also downloaded straight from the RadioRefrence website via ProScan. The issue is I'm not receiving anything. I've tried low squelch, high squelch, stock antenna, glass mount antenna and even a roof mounted antenna on a building all with no luck. Now from what I'm being told not sure if this is correct is the department I'm trying to get (Port Chester PD DSP) that use this system radios run off cellphone signal and are LTE. I'm unfamiliar with this type of system if that is the case and curious what i need to do to get them on the scanner. I'm lost trying to program this unit.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums:
For future reference it's always best to post state-specific questions in your state's forum, though please don't post a duplicate thread. You can always ask the admins for a thread to be moved to a different forum by clicking the report link beneath your post if you can't get your issue resolved here.
With that out of the way, have you tried the talkgroups below from the system linked here? Also make sure Law Dispatch & Law Tac service types are turned on otherwise the scanner will omit these talkgroups

Port Chester
DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
921123fbTPtChester PD DspPolice DispatchLaw Dispatch
921223fcTPtChester PD TacPolice TacticalLaw Tac

marksmith

I would update the Sentinel app with the latest database info (from radioreference), connect the scanner and try putting it in a favorites list fron there rather than these other apps, though they should work too. Ditto to the previous post regarding Port Chester and service types, a frequent issue in these cases.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I would update the Sentinel app with the latest database info (from radioreference), connect the scanner and try putting it in a favorites list fron there rather than these other apps
Nothing wrong with using Proscan to populate favorites lists, I use it over Sentinel & favor its various list customization options not offered by Sentinel

phask

Premium Subscriber
Did you download the proper site(s)? Very common problem with new users is failure to load any sites, or the wrong ones.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The OP stated in his duplicated the thread in the NY forum that he downloaded the whole system.

I downloaded the whole entire MTA system to make sure i wasn't missing any zones or sites and still cant hear anything from anyone even Port Chester PD the only talk group I'm interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.