SDS200 likes or dislikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQ

I've noticed the SDS200 picking up things (apparently ~70+ miles out) the SDS100 and BCDx36HPs have not. Should have a long enough μ USB cable coming in tomorrow to start logging.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
The width of the SDS200 is about 1/4 of an inch less than my BCD536HPs so it fits in my desktop rack for my scanners but it is loose.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
If the backlight has timed out/display is blank, turning the Volume or Squelch should bring the display back on so you can see what value the Volume/Squelch is set to . I have 8 scanners together and since the Volume/Squelch knobs are swapped around when compared to other models it would be nice to see that I turned the correct knob and what the final setting is.

Hopefully this can be addressed in a future firmware update.
Or just push in on the Volume knob.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

opiekitty

What kind of antenna replacement would be good for the SDS200? I do have a Diamond RH77CA I use from time to time on my SDS100. Do you feel the Diamond will be better than the stock? It's a lot shorter that the stock telescopic one.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I'm using an external, non-powered, speaker on my SDS200. When it is scanning I can hear tones or noise on the speaker that changes
with the display. It's hard to describe but there is a definite noise on the speaker while it is scanning.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
You guys want a challenge? Try to customize the screen in either detail or simple trunk so that it has white text on black background for the SYSTEM. DEPT. CHANNEL

keys

eaf1956

Feed Provider
You guys want a challenge? Try to customize the screen in either detail or simple trunk so that it has white text on black background for the SYSTEM. DEPT. CHANNEL

keys

And use the radio not Sentinel

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
mine arrives today!!!!!! I would like to switch the delivery via the USPS website to PICK UP at local post office so i dont have to sit here and wait for the guy til 3pm or so. BUT, i am afraid it will screw things up to do so now at 5am the day off and the 200 will get lost somewhere. So, I will just wait. review this evening. I'll have her setup and programmed within minutes, NO unboxing video though. i'll be too fast for any of that. lol. :p

capt56

What kind of antenna replacement would be good for the SDS200? I do have a Diamond RH77CA I use from time to time on my SDS100. Do you feel the Diamond will be better than the stock? It's a lot shorter that the stock telescopic one.
One of the old Radio Shack telescoping...........I live in Shreveport (Caddo Parish) and can get Bossier Parish and DeSoto Parish with no problem.

CQ

Anyone notice the LAN jack moving when you insert a Micro USB cable in the front?

Last edited:

SlyFerret

I picked one up today at Universal Radio. They happened to have one in stock when I called!

I’m coming from a Pro-106, so the programming and UI are obviously very different. I figured it out pretty quick and set up a few favorite lists.

Audio quality is in another league from my 106. It sounds amazing.

I’ve spent less than 2 hours with it so far, so I’ll post more thoughts in a few days.

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

budevans

Sentinel won't save my screen changes.
Not a lot of info. Can you answer the following questions?
1. Where did you make the changes? In Sentinel or on the SDS200?
2. Did you set the Tools - Target Model to SDS200 in Sentinel.
3. Are you using the latest version of Sentinel? Version 2.01 (revision 03).
4. If you have more than one Uniden scanners (BCDx36HP, SDS100), did you select the correct (SDS200) Profile?

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
Not a lot of info. Can you answer the following questions?
1. Where did you make the changes? In Sentinel or on the SDS200?
2. Did you set the Tools - Target Model to SDS200 in Sentinel.
3. Are you using the latest version of Sentinel? Version 2.01 (revision 03).
4. If you have more than one Uniden scanners (BCDx36HP, SDS100), did you select the correct (SDS200) Profile?

1. Sentinel.
2-4. Yes.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
this is my first scanner in 20 years i got back into the hobby about 8 months ago and got a g4 pager .i live in a city with 3 p25 systems so the pager been awesome but now i seen this and want to move forward .
likes : p25 is on par with my g4 same spot they work the same way no lost calls at all .
i love the display so nice .(love being able to change the colors and stuff)
also it took me a while to figure out the favorites keys for my lists but now i got it down its so nice to just switch lists on the key pad .
speaker is loud and clear no hum from mine at all nice bass and can here it all over my house.
the buttons are dim but i can still see them and use them fine .
i love the sentional software i am good with computers and got it down easy with no troubles but the favorites lists and system quick keys.
dislikes : not really any this thing is working great if i had to pick one the lan port needs to be on the back i dont use it but if i ever wanted too that is kinda in the way. but all and all after hearing so many nightmares about the sds 100 and the new issues with this 200 im so glad i got one its awesome.no issues so far at all

Status
Not open for further replies.