SDS200 likes or dislikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
So, from what I am reading here in the forums, the percentages don't add up to consider yourself 'lucky' that you got an SDS200 that is in good working condition. The numbers are off. I'd say it's the other way around. If you get an SDS200 and there is something wrong with it, consider yourself 'unlucky' that you got a radio that is not in good working condition. That is, if luck has anything to do with it.

JD
kf4anc

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
One of the old Radio Shack telescoping...........I live in Shreveport (Caddo Parish) and can get Bossier Parish and DeSoto Parish with no problem.
i used an RS800 antenna and an elbow connector. works great. i think better than the stock, BUT i have not tested to see if there really is a difference. prob should do that someday. if anything, it looks better and performs at least AS WELL, def no worse, at least on what i listen to mostly which are p25 systems.

Tramagod

For the folks wanting a folding stand, can’t you simply use the included ‘mounting bracket’ on the bottom and ‘tilt’ it up?
I have not tried this, but I will later tonight...

I use the mounting bracket for the stand as I did with the 536, works great, I have no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I use the mounting bracket for the stand as I did with the 536, works great, I have no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just be sure to attach the included rubber feet at the bottom. tilting it up a bit seems to help me hear the speaker better.

jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
What is the purpose of the LAN? I plugged mine in yesterday and could not see any difference. Is it solely used to stream your feed to Broadcastify?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely awesome radio picked up the SDS200 last night from Universal Radio

a62437b78c9fbde6843a6106b7739053.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely awesome radio picked up the SDS200 last night from Universal Radio

a62437b78c9fbde6843a6106b7739053.jpg

This might not be the right "forum" for this but...I received mine a few days ago and I am stumped as to what the LAN is for? I plugged it into the router and searched for the IP address on the scanner than I typed the IP address into a webpage and it says something like "I am scanner blah blah blah".

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The documents referencing the BCD536HP in the lower right corner of ProScan basically apply to the SDS200, as well (only exception is wired vs. WiFi connection).

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Oh, great info...thanks again, I will check that out.

It’s pretty easy I used a Cat5 cable from the radio to my laptop, plug into the front port

The proscan forum has a ton of info on getting started

One big thing is if it won’t connect reboot the scanner as sometimes that helps

I’ve even live streamed today with it

My only complaint about the front port is it’s difficult to remove the cable because it’s so close to the squelch knob but a small screwdriver helps

jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
It’s pretty easy I used a Cat5 cable from the radio to my laptop, plug into the front port

The proscan forum has a ton of info on getting started

One big thing is if it won’t connect reboot the scanner as sometimes that helps

I’ve even live streamed today with it

My only complaint about the front port is it’s difficult to remove the cable because it’s so close to the squelch knob but a small screwdriver helps

I followed the suggested guide and I had success until I got to the port forward part. I can see my scanner in the feed list, but when I try to connect to it it says "Client stopped: Server not responding Code 1"

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I followed the suggested guide and I had success until I got to the port forward part. I can see my scanner in the feed list, but when I try to connect to it it says "Client stopped: Server not responding Code 1"

Port forwarding is in your router , I travel so I use a VPN with a static IP to allow port forwarding
I’m not paying $500 to Verizon for a static IP

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

The Published Servers list is more like a directory. It doesn't know if the server is reachable.
The Router Port Forwarding config. needs the IP address of the server computer (not IP of the BCD536HP/SDS200), use TCP only, and server port number using.

For troubleshooting, use Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router . Make sure the server is started first.

Status
Not open for further replies.