SDS200 only picking up partial conversations DMR Tier 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwhoward

We have a new DMR Tier 3 system in our county and I'm the administrator. I have entered into the scanner the Frequency and the LCN (in DMR Tier 3 world it is called a TSCC) and I only hear slot 2 of the conversations. I really need help with this.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Do you have it entered as part of a DMR One Frequency system?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
This probably isn't your issue, but are you sure Uniden uses the same numbers/formula as the TSCC?

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
This probably isn't your issue, but are you sure Uniden uses the same numbers/formula as the TSCC?
This probably is the issue. Uniden LCN's are one lower than the channel numbers DSD+ shows (after dividing the DSD+ numbers by 2 since each slot is numbered in DSD+). Uniden appears to use LCN =0 as the first valid LCN. For the Henry county system try reducing the LCN value by one for each channel in the SDS200 and see if it tracks better. If not, use the LCN finder detailed in the SDS200 manual on page 50. I used the LCN finder on a tier III system here and it worked well. The site data is below for reference.

East Mountain Communications
DMR Tier III System, TIII (HYT)
L13-1.3 DCC: 2 WNSR925 WQIC344 Highland (Illinois Mountain)
452.5000 DSD+ Ch: 403-404 LCN: 201
462.1875 DSD+ Ch: 1953-1954 LCN: 976
464.0500c DSD+ Ch: 2251-2252 LCN: 1125
464.2875 DSD+ Ch: 2289-2290 LCN: 1144

RRR

Premium Subscriber
" Uniden LCN's are one lower than the channel numbers DSD+ shows "

Well that's quite a shot in the arm.

I wonder how many DMR Sys there are in the database that have been pulled with DSD+ that, when downloaded into the SDS scanners, don't have the correct info?

Or is this somehow corrected by someone else?

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Nearly all the DMR Tier III systems in the database list LCN's and not logical slot numbers like DSD+ does. One exception is Barton Peak Site Details (Questar-Dominion DT3), Questar-Dominion DT3, Barton Peak site which lists DSD+ slot numbers. Hopefully the sites that list LCN's are confirmed to be tracking correctly by the submitter. If there is a question about tracking, running the LCN finder in the Uniden scanner should resolve the issue.

cwhoward

I have a scanner buddy that helped me figure this out. I'm not sure what the fix was but it is now picking up all transmissions. I believe that we were mixing up the TSCC channel with the LCN and it was only hearing partial traffic.
If anyone comes into my office now with a SDS100 or 200 I simply take the programming he fixed and upload it.

Status
Not open for further replies.