SIMPLIFIED 785D and 246T Trunking programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

CZ

Anyone know of a simplified guide to programming Trunking on the BC785D, and 246T, been trying to & never have been able to get either to do so.

Can get first freq. OK, but after that, no idea as to how many frequencies to program in, or type of Trunk transmission it is I'm hearing (if it is Trunking I was hearing). I hear at least 7 or 8 varieties of tons and buzzing between 850 & 870 MHz.

Any help appreciated.

Late Question: I don't have the APCO-25 card for the 785D, would that affect anything involving Trunk programming?

Still looking fior a 785D Volume control knob, tried Uniden, Scanner Master, & Mouser so far.

RolnCode3

I have both and all I can say is:

Get the software and cables. It's 1000X easier than doing it by hand. Some will say it's not hard to do it by hand, but it's JMHO.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And here's a good article from our Wiki on the 785:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Programming_Shortcut_BC785D

To find out how many freqs to program in (it would be very helpful to know what system you are trying to program), look your area up in the database. If you are trying to use control-channel only programming, only those channels marked as such are needed.

The BC25i digital card is needed for APCO25 digital reception; if you have such a system in your area that you are trying to hear (and it sounds a bit like this might be the case), neither the 785 (without the card) nor the 246 will work.

73s Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.