Single Earphone available

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
In the past, some have been asking about a single earphone to use in their scanner. CCrane has one available at a relatively reasonable price. It has a stereo plug and combines the signal into one earphone. I haven't bought one yet but CCrane is a reputable company. Below is a link:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I highly recommend the D-loop style of over-the-ear earpieces. They're much more comfortable to wear and won't fall out of your ear when you least expect it.

I have a couple and although I ordered from a different vendor (mine has a mono plug), it's pretty much the same item. Works quite well on all my scanners, also my professional radios (earpiece plugs into the speaker mike).

The types like the one from Aliexpress (shown below) are a bit more comfortable as the D-loop is rubberized rather than hard plastic.

H402df8e1011b4a9186debc90c3982460z.jpg

Last edited:

mrhermit

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info on the CC Crane earbuds. I just ordered the CC Buds Solo and the CC buds Pro. I also so ordered the CC Ear Hooks for the CC buds. Also ordered the Over the earphone with stereo plug. I have tried many different earphones for my scanners, but have not been satisfied with any of them. I hope theses CC Cranes earphones will work for me.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
PS, thanks for posting this. I have one good earbud that I've had since forever, but who knows when it will croak & it's difficult to find a good purpose-built earbud for scanners. I may order one of these.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I highly recommend the D-loop style of over-the-ear earpieces. They're much more comfortable to wear and won't fall out of your ear when you least expect it.

I have a couple and although I ordered from a different vendor (mine has a mono plug), it's pretty much the same item. Works quite well on all my scanners, also my professional radios (earpiece plugs into the speaker mike).

The types like the one from Aliexpress (shown below) are a bit more comfortable as the D-loop is rubberized rather than hard plastic.

View attachment 105433
I just picked up two of this style at a hamfest, on Father's Day. I have not tried them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.