SIRN

tvfd700

Premium Subscriber
I've received 9499 on the Huntington and Salt Rock towers previously. I'm pretty sure it's the transport TG for the Division of Juvenile Services. One recording is the Robert Shell Juvenile Center advising the unit they forgot the resident's medical records. The radio IDs were all 87xxx series as well.

Last edited:

Bethanylt241

Does anyone know what TGID 2601 is? I’m guessing Wetzel County Fire Disp. But has anyone caught any traffic on it, like it’s active by the county?

coryparker

Does anyone know what TGID 2601 is? I’m guessing Wetzel County Fire Disp. But has anyone caught any traffic on it, like it’s active by the county?
2601 is most likely Wetzel County Fire. I have only heard them use it briefly one day during a structure fire. Otherwise they seem to use analog channels or the Wetzel 911 talk group (2937), which is very active.

Bethanylt241

In the topic of RIDs, I see Ohio County some what has a pattern of how there’s is assigned per department. Brooke has no rhyme or patterns to there. Does anyone have any information on how Marshall County assigns there RID or would anyone have a list of them?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in the Berkeley Co. area notice that the majority of Sheriff's Office traffic is on PTAC1 (1141) lately? I thought dispatch traffic is supposed to be in the clear?

If they are truly encrypting dispatch traffic, what's the procedure to complain with the state?

Last edited:

BM82557

Anyone in the Berkeley Co. area notice that the majority of Sheriff's Office traffic is on PTAC1 (1141) lately? I thought dispatch traffic is supposed to be in the clear?

If they are truly encrypting dispatch traffic, what's the procedure to complain with the state?

1141 is in ENC land

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to think that maybe there's something else larger going on in Berkeley Co. other than the Sheriff's office using a different channel. In the past few days, noticed traffic on Event 1 (1157) and Event 3 (1161) for fire and EMS. Looks like the Sheriff's Office also used PTAC 2 (1143) they other night as well.

BM82557

I'm starting to think that maybe there's something else larger going on in Berkeley Co. other than the Sheriff's office using a different channel. In the past few days, noticed traffic on Event 1 (1157) and Event 3 (1161) for fire and EMS. Looks like the Sheriff's Office also used PTAC 2 (1143) they other night as well.

They appear to be testing the switchover to Phase II previously approved for the Berkeley County site --

Screenshot - 11_11_2021 , 12_54_39.png

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I am sitting in a parking lot in gaithersburg md. Using a harris xg100 and I am picking up wva state troop 2 with 2 bars showing on my antenna display. Also able to pick up Jefferson county as well

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Generally speaking, unless you put a tall building in your path, Gaithersburg (green dot) looks ideal to copy Kearnerysville site--although 30 miles is approx. twice the distance that the site lists as its range. That harris xg100 sounds like a good piece o' kit!

618e5341.jpg

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Right. They only really dispatch calls that are for the sheriff's office and WVSP on their assigned dispatch TG. If it's something temporary, I'm ok with it.

It seems to have only been a temp thing. Seems like tonight (or sometime earlier today) they started using the regular dispatch channel like they always have in the past.