SIRN

Mylan

Feed Provider
I think the reason all the state police dispatch TGs have been recently turned loose statewide is because the agency might be moving toward even further consolidated dispatching.... Up here in the north, all of Troop 1 is now patched onto 9001 and dispatched from Fairmont by Fairmont dispatchers... Moundsville dispatch 9003 has been silent for a couple days now since that patch started... It's also possible that if this a permanent move that there is no patch at all and that all "Moundsville" troopers were instructed to change all their radios to Fairmont dispatch.)

Also I have not seen any hits on the Parkersburg dispatch TG 9013, but have seen plenty of hits from Charleston dispatch... Previously, here in Ohio County, I would see lots of denials from Parkersburg but very few attempted affiliations from Charleston.. Anyone on here able to hear Parkersburg Dispatch that can say whether or not TG 9013 is currently off the air?

BM82557

I think the reason all the state police dispatch TGs have been recently turned loose statewide is because the agency might be moving toward even further consolidated dispatching.... Up here in the north, all of Troop 1 is now patched onto 9001 and dispatched from Fairmont by Fairmont dispatchers... Moundsville dispatch 9003 has been silent for a couple days now since that patch started... It's also possible that if this a permanent move that there is no patch at all and that all "Moundsville" troopers were instructed to change all their radios to Fairmont dispatch.)

Also I have not seen any hits on the Parkersburg dispatch TG 9013, but have seen plenty of hits from Charleston dispatch... Previously, here in Ohio County, I would see lots of denials from Parkersburg but very few attempted affiliations from Charleston.. Anyone on here able to hear Parkersburg Dispatch that can say whether or not TG 9013 is currently off the air?

I believe you are correct on consolidation --

Quote from the above link --

"PARKERSBURG — West Virginia State Police is studying consolidating dispatching and local officials are wondering what that means for here.

Maj. Reginald Patterson, chief of staff services with the State Police, said in an e-mailed statement that the agency was reviewing communications services, but not ready to publicly discuss it.

”The West Virginia State Police is in the process of reviewing four of our dispatch centers for consolidation; we are not in a position to publicly discuss any plans because they are not finalized,” he said. ”Furthermore, this consolidation would not involve the closing of any detachment or relocating areas for troopers, only communications services.”

Mylan

Feed Provider

Well I guess that says it all right there... They might as well just save big and close 'em all down and dispatch the whole state from one office in Charleston.

It's also possible that if this a permanent move that there is no patch at all and that all "Moundsville" troopers were instructed to change all their radios to Fairmont dispatch.)
I forgot that I can see any patches on here and I am showing nothing for WV State Police so it looks like they are all just using the same channel now...
Yea a couple years ago the WVSP took away 24/7 dispatching duties for Moundsville and handed it over to Fairmont on midnights and weekends but all the 'Moundsville' counties troopers kept using their 9003 TG at all times...
If they end up keeping all 12 Troop 1 counties on a single talkgroup, I can see that channel becoming way too busy at times..

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber

Well I guess that says it all right there... They might as well just save big and close 'em all down and dispatch the whole state from one office in Charleston.

I forgot that I can see any patches on here and I am showing nothing for WV State Police so it looks like they are all just using the same channel now...
Yea a couple years ago the WVSP took away 24/7 dispatching duties for Moundsville and handed it over to Fairmont on midnights and weekends but all the 'Moundsville' counties troopers kept using their 9003 TG at all times...
If they end up keeping all 12 Troop 1 counties on a single talkgroup, I can see that channel becoming way too busy at times..

Same happened with Charles Town.

fredva

Feed Provider
I believe you are correct on consolidation --

Quote from the above link --

"PARKERSBURG — West Virginia State Police is studying consolidating dispatching and local officials are wondering what that means for here.

Maj. Reginald Patterson, chief of staff services with the State Police, said in an e-mailed statement that the agency was reviewing communications services, but not ready to publicly discuss it.

”The West Virginia State Police is in the process of reviewing four of our dispatch centers for consolidation; we are not in a position to publicly discuss any plans because they are not finalized,” he said. ”Furthermore, this consolidation would not involve the closing of any detachment or relocating areas for troopers, only communications services.”

In case somebody didn't notice it, that article is two years old. Time enough to make a decision and start implementing it.

Bethanylt241

Question on the WVDHSEM talkgroups, do they have full state roaming capabilities, and are you able to receive statewide transmission. I’m going to assume that they may be busy if we get this storm that there talking about. I have DHSEM ops 1 and I hear people on it but I am not able to point out land marks that there referring to.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The radio rooms at SP Huntington, Logan, and Parkersburg all closed today. All communication services were transferred to Charleston.

Are you suggesting this is a permanent thing, or where those three radio rooms closed temporarily with the traffic diverted to Charleston?

Mike

xg100p

Anyone else seeing this in there dsd , Sites being isolated? Never seen that before. I've also noticed I haven't been seeing any TDMA stuff lately either.

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    380.1 KB · Views: 33

BM82557

Anyone else seeing this in there dsd , Sites being isolated? Never seen that before. I've also noticed I haven't been seeing any TDMA stuff lately either.

I've seen isolated sites before when they are taken down by bad weather, storms in the summer, ice in the winter, high winds etc

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
It seems like TDMA comes and goes. Never Consistent.

Site 1.6 “Fairview” comes up isolated all the time off of Ohio County Simulcast.

Last edited:

Bethanylt241

TDMA has been disabled on some talkgroups due to some issues, like in Ohio County a while back. I’m not really sure what the issue is, maybe programming I’m not sure.

tvfd700

Premium Subscriber
Are you suggesting this is a permanent thing, or where those three radio rooms closed temporarily with the traffic diverted to Charleston?

Mike

Mike,
It’s a permanent move. Attached is a picture of the radio room at SP Huntington. All communications equipment and CPUs have been removed.

Attachments

• 24862EC4-7074-4060-916E-7A843D9F3400.jpeg
    24862EC4-7074-4060-916E-7A843D9F3400.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 45