Somerset County TRS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Bridgewater To County Communications

Just a few thoughts.

The article is well written for facts. I suspect that Bridgewater will be next to go and it will not be long.

Somerset County awards $1.4M contract to expand 911 center | NJ.com

This is a big 10 year dollar guarantee!

BRIDGEWATER — The Bridgewater Township Council on Monday voted 4-1 to transfer the township's 911 emergency dispatch to the Somerset County call center, despite a strong showing of emergency responders expressing their opposition to the move at the council meeting, according to a report in Patch.

Councilman Matthew Moench, casting the only dissenting vote, said there was no evidence that the county dispatch service would be equal to the services provided by local dispatchers for residents, especially concerning communications between Bridgewater officers, according to the report.

Mayor Daniel Hayes said previously that the move could conservatively save taxpayers $4.5 million over 10 years, which would then grow to $729,000 savings each year as transition expenses are funded. Police Chief Borden said he is committed to the council's decision, as long as the county dedicates a radio channel exclusively for the use of Bridgewater Police, Patch said.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Note that the 700 MHz portion of the system has come alive. Since all of the characteristics are shared with the exiting UHF system, I've merged them into a single system:

Somerset County (P25) Trunking System

I don't think we'll have any issues with it like this, but we'll keep an eye on it and if necessary, I can easily revive the separate systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.