Spotswood PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM1

Premium Subscriber
I see in the database update Spotswood went over to P25 with a NAC of 312. Has anyone else noticed they also decided to implement encryption? On occasion HQ is still clear, but a majority the radio traffic I hear is garbled for a second and then just bypassed on 396XT. Wonderful!

Tech792

Great signal here in Middletown. But as you say, HQ is in the clear, cars are encrypted so far.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I confirmed that last week from a "very reliable source" after I inquired about it for someone else. When I asked about why ENC was chosen, I was told the usual garbage about audio streaming, etc. So I left it at that... :(

TAMR213

I noticed this the other day myself, and that would explain the silence during some time spent just over the border in Monroe last week. Two things I find interesting: 1. I notice no changes in their FCC filing (emissions designation, etc), 2. what a "typical" answer as to why they implemented ENC - what makes it even more unbelievable (though I do believe it) is that they were not currently being broadcast over any feeds (at least as far as I know).

Its a shame that another town that I frequent, and can occasionally provide some interesting listening, has gone to the "dark side".

Status
Not open for further replies.