Spray on antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

The guy in the Youtube presentation has no clue how an antenna works or how RF propagates. They claim to spray their product over existing antennas and they work better like making the iPhone work 20dB better. Yea, right.

They are preaching a combination of made up and misunderstood technobable, kinda reminds me of some CB BS I've heard over the years like coiling up 36ft of ground wire in the trunk of your car attached you your CB antenna mount and increasing your signal by some fantastic amount.
prcguy

techman210

The guy in the Youtube presentation has no clue how an antenna works or how RF propagates. They claim to spray their product over existing antennas and they work better like making the iPhone work 20dB better. Yea, right.

They are preaching a combination of made up and misunderstood technobable, kinda reminds me of some CB BS I've heard over the years like coiling up 36ft of ground wire in the trunk of your car attached you your CB antenna mount and increasing your signal by some fantastic amount.
prcguy

Absolutely correct.

His claim that "Police antennas get hot" after use is absolutely nonsense. They "feel hot" if you touch them while they are transmitting, but that is an "RF burn". If it's some sort of "disguise antenna" with a terminating resistor in them, they may get warm, but then again, someone shouldn't run a 110W mobile radio into a patch antenna either!

It sounds like he's another hi-tech huckster that's trying to get some venture capital money.

He would do better selling a "P25 antenna" :)

majoco

Stirrer
safetyobc said:
Would be great if I could paint my bedroom wall and use it as a receive antenna!
Next time you redecorate your bedroom, stick a whole roll of aluminium cooking foil to the wall before you paint or paper over it - a screw into the wall work as a connection.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
safetyobc said:

Next time you redecorate your bedroom, stick a whole roll of aluminium cooking foil to the wall before you paint or paper over it - a screw into the wall work as a connection.

Would this work for my tin foil hat too?

n9zas

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Only could stand 2mins of it. He says think about hiding ugly cellphone towers. Well, some people don't think they're ugly (i don't) and they already to hide them in some places like Las Vegas. He then goes in to say that antennas transmit. The transmitter transmits. He is a modern day snake oil salesman.

Someone should call and get a price. If its not too much (sure it probably is) order a kit and try it out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

daysand

Spray-On Antenna

I can not believe all the joking that I see in the posting about this Spray-On Antenna.

What makes this Spray-On Antenna product by Chamtech work, is the nanocapacitors that is structured in the paint.
Without a doubt the antenna will work because of the nanocapacitors.
Has anybody in RR used this product with a scanner or radio?
If so, what surface did they apply the paint to and what method was used to connect it to the scanner or radio?

Last edited:

prcguy

Do you know what a nanocapacitor is? Have you ever heard the term before watching the sales pitch?

What nanocapacitor means to me is the paint does not lay down a good conductive layer and instead spits out tiny lumps of conducting material that cures in a non conductive medium. That has nothing to do with antennas or improving antenna performance.

I have a lot of experience with military radios and stringing wires in trees and I'm familiar with running antenna wires up against tree trunks and degrading signals due to the lossy water laden tree absorbing RF. When I hear the guy say his spray paint on a tree trunk works better than a purposely designed antenna I tend to believe he has no clue about antennas or RF.

I don't see anything to joke about, if anything its sad that anyone would be duped by the guy and at some point criminal if he gets funding from spewing lies and made up technobabble.
prcguy

I can not believe all the joking that I see in the posting about this Spray-On Antenna.

What makes this Spray-On Antenna product by Chamtech work, is the nanocapacitors that is structured in the paint.
Without a doubt the antenna will work because of the nanocapacitors.
Has anybody in RR used this product with a scanner or radio?
If so, what surface did they apply the paint to and what method was used to connect it to the scanner or radio?

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
This whole episode does serve a purpose - to remind us that "You can fool some of the people most of the time and that's good enough."

Congratulations to Google and the entire cast of the "cut and paste" media for promoting this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.