Stark County Ohio

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
glenmoor security has their own DMR system that they use

Can you share some information on that system? I can't find an FCC license for Glenmoor. Maybe its under a different name. I don't think anybody has submitted anything to the DB for Glenmoor.

Disregard -- I found WPYM747 - Glenmoor CC - 454.375 DMR license. I guess that's it? There is some affluent community build around the country club? Is that the deal?

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Can you share some information on that system? I can't find an FCC license for Glenmoor. Maybe its under a different name. I don't think anybody has submitted anything to the DB for Glenmoor.

Disregard -- I found WPYM747 - Glenmoor CC - 454.375 DMR license. I guess that's it? There is some affluent community build around the country club? Is that the deal?
Exactly what it is. Gated community

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

ESFFSW911

Premium Subscriber
Hello, a question about the MAC channels for FD use. I have heard Massillon and now Jackson going to MAC 5 for structure fire assignments. Is this just Red Center depts., or is this going to be a new countywide procedure?
Thanks

gobeit

I need help with my Homepatrol 2 for Stark County - specifically Massillon PD and FD. I waited for the new download on Monday and wrote it to my scanner. I cannot get any Stark County PD’s or FD’s to come in - its all quiet. I have went to the Marcs database and also the Canton/Stark County database. I am open to any suggestions as Ive been without my scanner since Massillon made the move to Marcs 2 weeks ago.

Posie777

I need help with my Homepatrol 2 for Stark County - specifically Massillon PD and FD. I waited for the new download on Monday and wrote it to my scanner. I cannot get any Stark County PD’s or FD’s to come in - its all quiet. I have went to the Marcs database and also the Canton/Stark County database. I am open to any suggestions as Ive been without my scanner since Massillon made the move to Marcs 2 weeks ago.

I am in the same boat. I think I have tried everything and get mostly silence with very little garble. My locations is on the NW side of Massillon down in the area of Rolling Hills / 27th with a one year old WS1065. (worked great before this simulcast system). I have it downloaded the way it is suppose to be using WIN500 software. I called the Whistler tech guy and he sent me a file that is the same as the one I downloaded from Radio Reference. He suggested using a paper clip instead of the antenna pointing toward the closest tower, moving the unit around the house, and turning on ATT. If you can't get anything on your better unit Homepatrol 2 , I wonder if anyone in Massillon area is getting any transmissions on scanners that are Phase 1 capable.

Nasby

I am in the same boat. I think I have tried everything and get mostly silence with very little garble. My locations is on the NW side of Massillon down in the area of Rolling Hills / 27th with a one year old WS1065. (worked great before this simulcast system). I have it downloaded the way it is suppose to be using WIN500 software. I called the Whistler tech guy and he sent me a file that is the same as the one I downloaded from Radio Reference. He suggested using a paper clip instead of the antenna pointing toward the closest tower, moving the unit around the house, and turning on ATT. If you can't get anything on your better unit Homepatrol 2 , I wonder if anyone in Massillon area is getting any transmissions on scanners that are Phase 1 capable.

It's a roll of the dice that totally depends on your location.

I was downtown by the theater with my WS1040 and could hear Massillon PD/FD perfectly.

When I drove a few miles down the street, the signal became garbled. This is textbook simulcast distortion.

The only surefire solution is to buy an SDS100/200.

Nasby

Be sure that you only have the Stark County site downloaded from MARCS (sounds like you know that but just in case you didn't).
Good luck!

Swipesy

What happened to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park Talkgroup that was on the Summit P25 System? I have not seen their RID's show up on MARCS but I still hear them on the Conventional P25 System. Did they not follow Summit to MARCS?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
What happened to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park Talkgroup that was on the Summit P25 System? I have not seen their RID's show up on MARCS but I still hear them on the Conventional P25 System. Did they not follow Summit to MARCS?

Wrong thread (Stark County) ? :)

Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
40+ miles from Stark County 50 to Massillon and have no problem picking them up.
Might add today is a little choppy do to the 20 mph wind gusts through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobeit

Interesting - I live very close to you by St Barbs - I hope our location is not the issue. I always heard them loud and clear before the change to Marcs.

gobeit

It's a roll of the dice that totally depends on your location.

I was downtown by the theater with my WS1040 and could hear Massillon PD/FD perfectly.

When I drove a few miles down the street, the signal became garbled. This is textbook simulcast distortion.

The only surefire solution is to buy an SDS100/200.
So what is the SDS 100/200?

gobeit

Be sure that you only have the Stark County site downloaded from MARCS (sounds like you know that but just in case you didn't).
Good luck!
Thank you - I appreciate the comment - I have been messing with this for days so I will definitely double check that! Any other advice is appreciated too!

budevans

So what is the SDS 100/200?
The SDS100 and SDS200 are Uniden scanners that are designed to handle Simulcast systems. So far they are the only scanners available that can handle Simulcast. Whistler has announced that it is working on two new scanners that will work on Simulcast systems, TRX-100 and TRX-200.

gobeit

The SDS100 and SDS200 are Uniden scanners that are designed to handle Simulcast systems. So far they are the only scanners available that can handle Simulcast. Whistler has announced that it is working on two new scanners that will work on Simulcast systems, TRX-100 and TRX-200.
Ok - makes sense. Thanks for the info!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
On MARCS, Jackson Twp Fire was on MAC 05 FD working a fire early morning. One of the Jackson Township units accidentally tuned to TG 45080. REDCenter came on and told Jackson Twp Fire "Engine 5, you are on DISPATCH WEST"

So apparently 45080 is some sort of Fire Dispatch West ? I don't think there was any such thing on the old system.

Last edited: