STICKY thread for Fed & MilAir MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Awesome catches.. Now who's the genius that wants to go add MS to the military comms pages on the wiki?

KE5TLF

CBP "Mike" units and several agencies(i've heard NOAA and USCG mentioned) have been running some training ops in the gulf too. I get a brief piece of a convo from them in the morning on TAC 2 before they go out of range. Then I hear them returning in the the evening too, usually on NET 2. (Just happened a little while ago)

KE5TLF

Awesome catches.. Now who's the genius that wants to go add MS to the military comms pages on the wiki?

I guess we'll have to be careful with the Okies visting though. Those freqs may (or may not) go dead after they return to home base.

"Spooky 44" on 228.850 as I type this calling out his ordnance loadout. Can't here who he is talking to. Just requested entry point from Shelby RC on their freq.

Last edited:

darrendotcom

"Spooky 44" on 228.850 as I type this calling out his ordninace loadout. Can't here who he is talking to. Just requested entry point from Shelby RC on their freq.

I hear them too, Their talking to "Shelby Air" Which is range control. They have to have information on what they used,how many trained and other info like that. I hear them also on 223.200

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

No genius required, but being a raging madman helps, hi :D

I've created an anchor article for this topic - just for the milcom stuff to start, someone can easily create a fed article in the same way. Here's the anchor;

Gulf States Milcom - The RadioReference Wiki

Editing in the wiki is really very easy. Our quick guide will give you most of what you will need for very simple stuff, and so far, that's what we have - simple freq lists and so on...

Quick guide to editing pages - The RadioReference Wiki

and if you find you want to pull something from the database onto the wiki, just use the extensions...

RR Wiki Extensions - The RadioReference Wiki

What is fair game? Darn near anything milcom related in your area. That includes links to websites for various fighter groups (Global Security is usually a good choice for this), maps, frequency lists, callsigns - as much or as little as you like. Just remember to add a category link like has been done at the bottom of the gulf states milcom page for any and all page(s) you create.

Many folks stumble over the 2 basic types of links in a wiki - those that link to another page inside our wiki (interwiki links) or those that reference something outside the wiki environment (external). Edit the Arkansas section and you will see an example of both. The first is an interwiki link - the next is external

Bob and I can help out with the rough spots. You've got a good start here; now's the time to start gathering all this stuff in one place, otherwise as the thread grows, it will get harder to find something specific that happened on a past page in the thread. Send me private mail here on RR if you need something; my ISP has been giving me nightmares and has royally screwed up my email, and my contact list. What a royal pain in the afterburners!

The rest, as they say, is up to you.

73 Mike

Last edited:

KE5TLF

Seems "Spooky" and "Slugger" are helo units/jocks eh?

Fighters out of Gulfport setting up now for an op with NAS NOLA I believe 139.500(Blue Air & Control), 140.550(Red Air & Control) and 277.4(Control/Common)
"Brave" will be on "Red Air". Reds south Blues north

Adversaries not even on radar yet. Blue is going 2 vs. 2 against themselves. LOL

Houston contacing "Goliath" about the operation on 353.55

Last edited:

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I heard a Gypsy callsign very weak yesterday here in Bay County, Fla... I wish I had a better antenna! Lots of milair stuff happening to your east. I put up a short list of happening freqs in the Florida Forum.

KE5TLF

NORAD AWACS "Dragnet" was the big bird for at least one CAP exercise today I was able to catch most of. He contacted Houston on 353.55 for permission to enter W-453 to work with the 125th out of Gulfport. So I guess there is more than just he 138th in town for the week. ???

Yes another quite busy day.

228.875 - Caught this one on the ride to the parking lot this afternoon and really didn't catch the context.

Thanks for stopping by and letting us know that gator. I'll be taking a look here shortly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.