Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmonitor

Ron,
I use this site. It lets you see planes captured by adsbexhange at bases around the world. This link shows Bangor but you can change it.

Ed

Muchas Gracias for that site. Good info.;)

yow777

Never heard them on 260.900, might have been to low. At 1034 was hearing those chopped coms again on 266.800.

Hi AirScan

266.800 is the Montreal Centre UHF transmitter based in Ottawa. It has a fault, hence the chopped comms (has been like it since last summer!). Those B1's last week were trying to contact Montreal on that freq but obviously no contact. It is actually re-transmitting coms from 128.775

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Don’t they use numbers like 11 flight, 21 flight, 31 flight, etc.?

VT ANG does it like that but from what I've heard of the MA ANG F-15s they seem to use 01 for all flights when training. Here are the MA ANG F-15 callsigns I've heard recently.

BEACH, BILLY, CHOSEN, DEMON, EAGLE, GUNSHOT, HAWK (xc), JUICE, KILLER, LETHAL, LUNAR, MACH, REHEAT, RIPPA, SAVAGE, SHOCK, SLAM, TROJAN, NOMEX, TACO, WHICKED.

There's more on the callsign list but I don't know how current they are ? They seem to change them up on a regular basis ?

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
Looks like SPUR 96,97 departed Pease making for St Johns area.
Awaiting TITAN-25 I assume.
Those 3 U-28's in Iceland the other day seem to be taking their time .
Three U-28s landed in Portland Maine (KPWM). They were on the FBO tarmac where my son works. He said they came last night or early AM as they weren't there when he left work yesterday. I'm ASSuming these are the same ones your talking about?

Attachments

• IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 20

mdmonitor

VT ANG does it like that but from what I've heard of the MA ANG F-15s they seem to use 01 for all flights when training. Here are the MA ANG F-15 callsigns I've heard recently.

BEACH, BILLY, CHOSEN, DEMON, EAGLE, GUNSHOT, HAWK (xc), JUICE, KILLER, LETHAL, LUNAR, MACH, REHEAT, RIPPA, SAVAGE, SHOCK, SLAM, TROJAN, NOMEX, TACO, WHICKED.

There's more on the callsign list but I don't know how current they are ? They seem to change them up on a regular basis ?

Inputing the callsigns to my list I notice that several of them are also attributed to the VT F-35s. Seems unusual that units using the same MOAs would both have the same callsigns.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
266.800 is the Montreal Centre UHF transmitter based in Ottawa. It has a fault, hence the chopped comms (has been like it since last summer!).

Ah interesting, didn't even think to check that and I live here, d'oh. Thanks. In my defence there is virtually no UHF traffic on the Canadian side up here so have never bothered to check out where the local UHF transmitters are, until now.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Inputing the callsigns to my list I notice that several of them are also attributed to the VT F-35s. Seems unusual that units using the same MOAs would both have the same callsigns.

I'm looking at your "MILITARY CALLSIGN LIST" dated March 31, 2021 and don't see any of those callsigns listed for VT F-35s ? There are 5 though that are also listed for Langley - DEMON, EAGLE, SAVAGE, TROJAN, TACO, and 1 with Andrews - CHOSEN.

The callsigns I noted where all gathered from aircraft departing from BAF within the last few months, not necessarily to Viper airspace.

yow777

Ah interesting, didn't even think to check that and I live here, d'oh. Thanks. In my defence there is virtually no UHF traffic on the Canadian side up here so have never bothered to check out where the local UHF transmitters are, until now.

Yes the lack of activity is probably why no one seems to have noticed the fault. Would be nice if it got fixed though as this was a good source for checking UHF reception!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Had 2 Osprey land at RDU with emergency landing due to gear box warning light, CFR activated on Alert 2 and responded, one runway shut down during landing. Planes landed fine. No idea who they were. Originally put out as 3 F-15s, later changed to two Ospreys.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Another new callsign again today for the 305th AMW, does anyone know what this is all about ??
René.

Rgr René while you were out of service for a while McGuire and Travis started using random
new callsigns/numbers for some of their C-17/KC-10 local training flights like the Navy E-6B's do all the time.
I haven't been logging them cause seems like they don't repeat... So far seems mostly limited to McGuire and Travis flights
but we shall see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.