Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Looks to me the aircraft did not violate the TFR but I guess he was heading almost that way.
I'm sure pilot will argue that in his defense.. :)
On second thought see TFR is now 28 miles radial.. A larger area. Now covers out thru Cecil County MD as far as Aberdeen proving Ground
in Harford County.I predict more violations out this way again..

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Heard the after intercept A/R in the truck while picking up pizza. :) Thanks Terry for the feed!

No worries - I guess this will be an active CAP every time. I loaded the 370.975 air/air freq mentioned earlier but there is local interference on that frequency at the PA location. Will check it periodically to see if it goes away.

freqhopping

TALON12 and 13. ZDC 284.7 to 235.625 Have some of the new swooshy sounding radios.

I might have heard a 14 earlier.
2121- TALON12 descending to 17k. 235.625
2125- To Norfolk approach 360.6 inbound to Oceana. Likely Super Hornets or Growlers like I figured.
Just the two of them heard on LiveATC

Last edited:

hill

Premium Subscriber
Living right next to Martin State always listen to the ATIS from time to time. The current broadcast has an announcement about the TFR and it's kind of brief and doesn't go to much detail, but guess it notifies the pilots to check it out. The broadcast most of the time is just weather and frequency information for the airport, so it's kind different to hear some more. I know bigger airports have many more announcements on there ATIS.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Based on reading the TFR and seeing the map, plus looking at the aircraft's track he was definitely within the outer band. It also states the aircraft must be going to airport within this area, plus be in communications with ATC. Also if ATC workload allows then ATC may allow transit within the out band.

Going forward It seams the pilot didn't have any flight plan or any ATC Comms. I he had been doing these things ATC would have not let him fly into the area.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
What surprises me is how many small planes do not have 121.500 active. Heard the last CAP a few weeks
ago and the F-16 pilot said "They never hear me on 121.500" I thought you had to have duel receive VHF band aviation radio to operate with a 121.500 alert.. Maybe they are listening to something else instead.
Seen vids of newer small planes dashboards and they have Garmin TFR maps that auto pop up on their screen in GPS mode.
Airliners are always on 121.500 when someone goofs :)

BM82557

KC-135 62-3566 TEFLON 20 AE04D0 is the first tanker today

When he was still enroute to Guard Dog he reported he was "frag plus 14" - 260.9 at 05:33 local -- what does that mean?
Upon entering Guard Gog at 05:43 local he called "FL270 in the Reading AR confines" - 260.9
NOBLE 1 and 2 have been using 247.5 for AR

After yesterdays incident I hope they brought a full load of flares

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

SiuDude2

When he was still enroute to Guard Dog he reported he was "frag plus 14" - 260.9 at 05:33 local -- what does that mean?
Upon entering Guard Gog at 05:43 local he called "FL270 in the Reading AR confines" - 260.9

Just a guess but perhaps they were operating on a fragmentation order that required them to be in the CAP at 05:30 local. They reported that they were running 14 minutes late.

Status
Not open for further replies.