Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Feed back online. Some of the newer versions of ProScan software stop working for some reason. Switched back to the older version.

Sorry about that.

Still working issues with software on the feed.....trying to go back to a more stable version that does not hang the feed.

Really bugging me especially since I heard the NOBLE flight that was leaving go over to SATCOM for status report. I could hear the encrypted data uplink but could not see the frequency that was active. Grrrrr

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
What exactly stopped working in ProScan?
Are you using the BCD536HP WiFi or SDS200 LAN?
What is the OS type?

Bob

Using SDS200 connected via LAN cable. Computer is Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit based.

When using the newer versions of the software the process hangs up and (Not Responding) - doing it now again as I type this. Was using 17.6... now still doing it with 16.4 in use. Now the program just continued working again. With the newer 17.x versions - I need to close the software with Windows or Task Manager and then restart radio.

Terry

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Need some assistance with Huntress freq 228.900 - but you need to be able to hear the ground side from Gibbsboro NJ site.

Every once in a while - the frequency will be keyed up with a carrier. Sometimes it lasts for a few minutes and then goes away - other times I have to lock it out of the feed. Trying to determine if it is local interference of an random nature or if someone is actually keying the mike (maybe maintenance on the radio). I never hear any voice when the carrier is active.

I know I can hear Huntress ground side on 228.900 as when the USCG helos at KACY are doing practice intercepts I can hear the ground side of Huntress on 228.900 from the PA site and I monitor the freq direct for the helo side from NJ site.

Any assistance is appreciated.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Okay was able to confirm that the fighters are using SATCOM CONR-3 for comms to Huntress

Heard encrypted comms on 297.525 which is the uplink for the downlink on 263.925 (it was loud and clear - okay actually loud and encrypted on the feed).

I guess I need to setup the SATCOM antenna here to confirm the downlink freq is correct.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Igor 77 just came into Martin State. Was only on the ground for 10 minutes while unloading a few pallets and passengers.

Will post cell phone pictures later.

mdmonitor

Around noontime today was at my grandson's baseball game near BWI. Heard strange engine noise & looked around and caught a glimpse of what looked to me to be an IL-76. Did anyone log anything like that today?

1443- SAM 135 (C-37 # 06-0500 AE206D) inbound to ADW coming in from Madison, WI

1500- Noble 11 flt working ZDC Dupont (307.25) advising they were heading out and going via Richmond then direct to Savannah. Working ZDC Brooke (285.45) then ZDC Patuxent (281.4).

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
WOW! Guys check this out, looks like one of the show aircraft at Cocoa Beach ran into a problem.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Around noontime today was at my grandson's baseball game near BWI. Heard strange engine noise & looked around and caught a glimpse of what looked to me to be an IL-76. Did anyone log anything like that today?

1443- SAM 135 (C-37 # 06-0500 AE206D) inbound to ADW coming in from Madison, WI

1500- Noble 11 flt working ZDC Dupont (307.25) advising they were heading out and going via Richmond then direct to Savannah. Working ZDC Brooke (285.45) then ZDC Patuxent (281.4).

Ron

I saw an Ethiopian B777 go over Baltimore and BOE22 went right overhead.....

Terry

Mark

Premium Subscriber

Ron the only possible type I see of that type is Pakistan IL-78 #R09-001 (76209A) no callsign showing in Baltimore area around 11:30 am local.
Seems it went into BWI according to map.
Live Military Mode-s: ADS-B (live-military-mode-s.eu)

mdmonitor

Ron the only possible type I see of that type is Pakistan IL-78 #R09-001 (76209A) no callsign showing in Baltimore area around 11:30 am local.
Seems it went into BWI according to map.
Live Military Mode-s: ADS-B (live-military-mode-s.eu)
Mark

Thanks ----That was him. At first I thought it might be a Volga-Dnepr flt, but Pakistani AF makes more sense. Must be picking up a big load of equipment from Northrop Grumman.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Heard NOBLE's going back and forth about radar coverage.. One NOBLE did ok on #37 Atlantic City feed
and the other liked Andrews #43 feed yet had trouble connecting with it..
Are these Satcom links to radar simulcasts out of Andrews and AC?

I believe it is Link11 but not positive

Link 11 is used to exchange digital information among airborne, land-based, and ship-board tactical data systems. It is the primary means to exchange data such as radar tracking information beyond line of sight. In addition, it is used for radar coordination and weapons fire control.

Status
Not open for further replies.