Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
DECOY99, a C-17, is over Western Pennsylvania and heading home to MRB. Looks like he had been practicing refueling with a KC-135 from PIT.

DannyM86

Premium Subscriber
The following are very active right now from my monitoring post. any corrections would be appreciated

226.8000 VT A2A?
234.8000 VT A2A?
238.2500 Yankee?
300.3250 Tactical?
314.4000 VT A2A?

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
The following are very active right now from my monitoring post. any corrections would be appreciated

226.8000 VT A2A?
234.8000 VT A2A?
238.2500 Yankee?
300.3250 Tactical?
314.4000 VT A2A?

These are current BTV F-35 (158 FW VT ANG) frequencies I'm aware of.

226.300 - VIPER/LIGHTNING Common, A/A (AUX 13)
226.800 - A/A (AUX 18)
234.800 - A/A (AUX 17)
238.250 - YANKEE/CONDOR/LASER Common, A/A (AUX 14) (also used in VIPER occasionally)
261.800 - A/A (AUX 15)
293.700 - SCORPION OPS, STRIKE SOF (AUX 01)
314.400 - A/A (AUX 16)
349.700 - A/A (AUX 19)

I'm not sure what 300.325 is ? The BTV F-35s were working in YANKEE/LASER during that time.

Last edited:

Hbright

Looks like 09-0015 went to Bali, not Hono as I guessed, from Guam.
Interesting. I wonder if there was an issue with 09-0016 (on the ground in Bali) because I've never seen the evac plane at the same airport as AF1.

Also, after taking its time across the Pacific (it left on Sunday), SAM362 is inbound Bali too, after refueling stops at Elmendorf and Yokota. Picking up SecState and taking him to the previously scheduled stop in Thailand (w/ VPOTUS) and then apparently to China and maybe Qatar. 89th AW sure is busy this week.

mdmonitor

Air

Yes, could be them, I see them now over Alletown PA & I don't see any WVA C-17s running around. They are chatting about where to drop off a Humvee they are carrying. One suggested they to an air drop when they are on final. :DYep, it's them. Acft are 21 & 22.

Last edited:

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
I've seen that freq posted for the WV C-17s air to air but have yet to confirm it. The difficulty is that I've never encountered more than one of them in the air at any time, although we've sure looked for that. So their need for A2A chatter has been minimal!

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
11/15/2022 104th FW Barnes, Ma. up this morning - MARSA, JUICE, TACO and SKULL F-15 callsigns joined by BANK (Two F-22's from Langley, VA) , with MAINE tanker. After 12 noon, heard NJ ANG (DEVIL and SATIN) with fights, and then later, VA ANG (BULLY and GUNNER) with an AWACS (DARKSTAR) .

jsoergel

Premium Subscriber
Air

Yes, could be them, I see them now over Alletown PA & I don't see any WVA C-17s running around. They are chatting about where to drop off a Humvee they are carrying. One suggested they to an air drop when they are on final. :DYep, it's them. Acft are 21 & 22.

I heard them outbound on 283.800, then switched to 302.300. Also made their inbound calls on 302.300 when coming back this evening.

mdmonitor

11/15/2022 104th FW Barnes, Ma. up this morning - MARSA, JUICE, TACO and SKULL F-15 callsigns joined by BANK (Two F-22's from Langley, VA) , with MAINE tanker. After 12 noon, heard NJ ANG (DEVIL and SATIN) with fights, and then later, VA ANG (BULLY and GUNNER) with an AWACS (DARKSTAR) .

Believe your VA ANG Bully & Gunner are actually DC ANG Bully & Gunny (F-16s)

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
AF2 to make another Asia trip next week to help support border claims by the Philippines.

Exclusive: Kamala Harris to visit Philippine islands at edge of South China Sea dispute
By Trevor Hunnicutt

WASHINGTON, Nov 15 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris will visit the Philippine islands of Palawan on the edge of the disputed South China Sea, a senior administration official said on Tuesday, in a move that may be interpreted by Beijing as a rebuke.

The visit, scheduled for next Tuesday, will make Harris the highest-ranking American official to visit the island chain adjacent to the Spratly Islands. China has dredged the sea floor to build harbors and airstrips on the Spratlys, parts of which are also claimed by Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam.

Exclusive: Kamala Harris to visit Philippine islands at edge of South China Sea dispute | Reuters

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
AF2 to make another Asia trip next week help support border claims by the Philippines.
Exclusive: Kamala Harris to visit Philippine islands at edge of South China Sea dispute | Reuters

From the White House October 28th, Vice President Kamala Harris will travel to Bangkok, Thailand to attend the November 18-19 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Leaders Meeting. The Vice President’s participation will underscore the U.S. commitment to economic cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region and she will outline U.S. goals for our APEC host year in 2023. During her visit to Thailand, the Vice President will engage with Thai leaders and civil society representatives to reaffirm and strengthen the U.S.-Thai Alliance and to discuss our cooperation across a range of issues. Second Gentleman Douglas Emhoff will also travel to Bangkok and participate in the APEC spousal program among other engagements. The Vice President will then travel to Manila, the Philippines. In the Philippines, she will meet with government leaders and civil society representatives. Her visit with re-affirm and strengthen the U.S.-Philippines Alliance and underscore the breadth of our cooperation as friends, partners, and allies. The Second Gentleman will also travel to Manila.

* On Friday, November 18th, the Vice President will deliver remarks at the APEC CEO Summit.
* On Saturday, November 19th, the Vice President will be meeting with Prime Minister Prayut of Thailand.
* On Sunday evening, the Vice President will fly to Manila, the Philippines.
* On Monday, the 21st of November, in Manila, she will have a meeting with Vice President Duterte-Carpio and then a longer bilateral meeting with President Marcos. And, later on Monday, the Vice President will have an opportunity to meet with civil society activists.
* On Tuesday, November 22nd, the Vice President will travel to Puerto Princesa, on the island of Palawan, a historic visit, as the Vice President is the highest-ranking U.S. official ever to visit Palawan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.