Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
0805- Reach 405 (C-17 # 04-4133 6th AS) off BWI (119.4). Didn't hear him arrive & he took off to the west out of my view. C-17 is rare visitor into BWI. Worked Potomac (124.55) & ZDC Baltimore (134.5) on way out. He's heading northeast.

Looks like RCH 405 was going to Thule/BGTL. Maybe supplementing the weekly ATN 520 flight that operates that route ? What is it about KBWI that flights to BGTL originate from there every week ? I seem to recall that ATN has been operating that KBWI-BGTL route for years.

mdmonitor

1450- Maine 87 (KC-135R # 63-8873 ME ANG Bangor) check-in w/Bay Watch (305.2) for work w/MD AND A-10s (Wardog) in the PAX areas. MD ANG guys on 266.6, 271.4 & 293.3. A-10 & Kc-135 using 355.8 (Bay Watch freq) as boom freq.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Looks like RCH 405 was going to Thule/BGTL. Maybe supplementing the weekly ATN 520 flight that operates that route ? What is it about KBWI that flights to BGTL originate from there every week ? I seem to recall that ATN has been operating that KBWI-BGTL route for years.
Guess good supply depot and Customs service for Mil at BWI. Also may or used to start the cargo/pax shuttles way down to Ascension Island
after Patrick AFB Florida stop. Like the commercial BWI motto should ask "Want to get way away"?
Air Transport International - Wikipedia
I like that old 1963 James Bond movie "Goldfinger" when on private jet from Switzerland pilots says "Our port of entry into the US is
Friendship Airport Balt MD" :)

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
2110 local Someone on Philly apch 319.150 looking for approach to runway 27.Don't get this freq active very often.
Didn't sound like fighter.. callsign something 91 down to 5k. Got that wrong.
Philly apch live ATC PHL tower sounded like IRONCLAW-01 single ship cleared landing runway 27.
Listening to: KPHL Tower (East/West) #2 | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States | LiveATC.net
2131 local IRONCLAW-01 taxing on PHL tower going to Atlantic Aviation.
Ok I'll bite. Who the heck is IRONCLAW?

Last edited:

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Ok I'll bite. Who the heck is IRONCLAW?

ID'd by PHL APR as an F-18. Long way from home if it's these guys...
Ron's list said:
IRON CLAW EA-18G VAQ-136 (NF) Atsugi JA

Probably not related (?) but at the same time PHL APR was working HOIST 81 into McGuire. Looks like they were AR with someone way out in Edwards AFB complex.

HOIST 81.jpg

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
ID'd by PHL APR as an F-18. Long way from home if it's these guys...
Probably not related (?) but at the same time PHL APR was working HOIST 81 into McGuire. Looks like they were AR with someone way out in Edwards AFB complex.
Rgr saw HOIST-81 head to West Coast the other day and back today..
I know at KILG the single rare Navy F-18 visitor also use Atlantic Aviation.. They must have a fuel DOD credit card account with them :)
KPHL is a odd stop for these guys. From coms those F/18G's sure have nice quiet radios.. No masked fighter sounds etc course he was
coasting down in altitude when I caught it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.