Streaming to phone

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Looking into ability to stream my SDS200 to an Iphone. I have Proscan installed in computer running Windows 10. I have no idea where to start.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Looking into ability to stream my SDS200 to an Iphone. I have Proscan installed in computer running Windows 10. I have no idea where to start.

Use the Web Server feature. See this document Uniden BCD536HP Wi-Fi Stream and Remote Access Via Proscan Web Server
It's written for the BCD536HP but the Web Server section applies. The audio setup applies too if using the SDS200 LAN audio. The SDS200 LAN Settings in the scanner differs a bit from the BCD536HP.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

The web browser on your phone will connect to the ProScan web server, and you can see, listen to, and control your SDS200 from the web browser. The setup may seem a little daunting at first, but read the PDF Bob (ProScan) linked to in the post above, and take it step by step.

Use the menu in the SDS200 to assign a static (manual) IP address to the scanner...

Menu ---> Settings ---> LAN Settings ---> Set IP Assignment ---> Manual

You will need to use the "port forwarding" feature in your home router to be able to access the web server from your phone when you travel beyond the range of your home WiFi network.

I'm on the road frequently and I use the web server for several scanners, one of the (many) best features of ProScan.

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Still having trouble understanding this, I have read several threads regarding this. My questions is can I run a cable from LAN port on SDS200 to a USB input on a computer running proscan to remotely monitor my scanner on an Iphone. Not wishing to send out to Broadcastify at this point. Or does LAN cable need to go directly to my wireless router.

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Use the Web Server feature. See this document Uniden BCD536HP Wi-Fi Stream and Remote Access Via Proscan Web Server
It's written for the BCD536HP but the Web Server section applies. The audio setup applies too if using the SDS200 LAN audio. The SDS200 LAN Settings in the scanner differs a bit from the BCD536HP.
Still a little confused. Do I run a LAN Cable from LAN port on SDS200 directly to USB port on computer. Tried running USB cable from Micro USB on scanner to USB on computer running Proscan. I am able to view scanner and control it via proscan but it doesn't want to connect to WiFi

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Still having trouble understanding this, I have read several threads regarding this. My questions is can I run a cable from LAN port on SDS200 to a USB input on a computer running proscan to remotely monitor my scanner on an Iphone. Not wishing to send out to Broadcastify at this point. Or does LAN cable need to go directly to my wireless router.
The Web Server feature will do the job, using your iPhone web browser. We'll deal with that later. Let's just get ProScan to communicate with the scanner first.
The LAN port is Ethernet and is not compatible with the USB connection. You can use the LAN (Ethernet) connection or the USB connection. If using the USB connection then you will need an audio cable connected from the scanner to the sound input device. If you are going the Ethernet cable route then connect the other end of the cable to the router. The scanner LAN Settings will need to be setup and ProScan will need setup.
Can you advise if you're going the Ethernet or USB route and where you are at in the process.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Still a little confused. Do I run a LAN Cable from LAN port on SDS200 directly to USB port on computer. Tried running USB cable from Micro USB on scanner to USB on computer running Proscan. I am able to view scanner and control it via proscan but it doesn't want to connect to WiFi
So you already have ProScan communicating with the scanner. Is that correct? Are you trying to use your phone WiFi to connect to the ProScan Web Server ?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Use the inside IP address when using your phone WiFi. Example. Your inside address is 192.168.0.5 and the server port # is 5000. Put 192.168.0.5:5000 in the web browser.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
The ethernet cable from the front of your SDS200 will go to your router.
No need for USB cables.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I see now that another thread is on this very same subject. For some reason, I replied on that thread when I though I was replying on this one. I'll ask that this gets combined with your other thread.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I think @Ret_Batt_Chief has a PC that is connected wirelessly and would like to connect the SDS using a LAN cable to the PC, likely because the router is in another room.

Short answer is: yes, this is possible. We do this at work with other devices. However, it’s an advanced method and I would not recommend it. You must have advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and routing.

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
The Web Server feature will do the job, using your iPhone web browser. We'll deal with that later. Let's just get ProScan to communicate with the scanner first.
The LAN port is Ethernet and is not compatible with the USB connection. You can use the LAN (Ethernet) connection or the USB connection. If using the USB connection then you will need an audio cable connected from the scanner to the sound input device. If you are going the Ethernet cable route then connect the other end of the cable to the router. The scanner LAN Settings will need to be setup and ProScan will need setup.
Can you advise if you're going the Ethernet or USB route and where you are at in the process.
Thanks for the help. I am going to connect Ethernet cable directly to wireless router. Then start Proscan and hope it finds scanner.

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
I think @Ret_Batt_Chief has a PC that is connected wirelessly and would like to connect the SDS using a LAN cable to the PC, likely because the router is in another room.

Short answer is: yes, this is possible. We do this at work with other devices. However, it’s an advanced method and I would not recommend it. You must have advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and routing.
You are correct. That was my original plan. This morning I have moved Wireless Router (orbi) to same room aa scanner. Will try hooking up Ethernet cable directly to Scanner.

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
So, I have a ethernet cable running from SDS200 to the router. Now what?