Suggestion for users submitting information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Florida, Georgia, and Alabama Submitters

This is just me and does not reflect RR or other admins but when submitting data please try the following suggestions.

1. Provided detailed information. Sending a URL, Call-Sign, or just a frequency with no additional information doesn't help. Now we have to spend additional time trying to figure out what your trying to submit. We don't live in your area and could get it wrong resulting in a delay in adding your information.

2. Don't overload the submission. If there were major changes in your area, then please break the submission down into several submissions. For examples, if your area changed sites, talk groups, frequencies, etc. Then make several submissions for each one. Please don't add everything in one huge submission. When I see a long submission I figure it will take me a few hours or days to add all that info and my chances of making a mistake increase. Keep them small and I can knock them out much quicker. A few minutes here and there go a lot faster then spending several hours on a large submission.

3. Try to lay out your submission the way it is in the database section then we can quickly import it into the system.

4. If you submit information to RR, please have private message or an email enabled so the Admin can contact you if we have questions. Your information is private we just want to be able to ask a question about your submission if we don't understand what your trying to submit it could be awhile.

5. Keep it clear, simple and to the point.

By following the simple steps I listed above your submission will be updated much quicker. For me, when I work a submission, I will look for the ones that are clear and ready to upload right away. If they look like there going to take awhile (extremely long, unclear, lack detailed information) then there going to be worked when I have the time. Remember we do this in our spare time.

Again, what I have listed above is just my way of looking at submissions for my area. I'm sure the other admins would agree to what I posted.

Last edited:

3Juliet001

Premium Subscriber
DB Correction Process Clarification

How do corrections actually work? I have been trying to find the individual who handles the Orange County, CA CCCS Trunk System. I have found some errors, such as TG's listed on the wrong site. I do not want to submit just the errors I have found if an administrator needs to review the entire database. I will only be fixing the personalities I use and not the related talk groups, i.e. Metronet is a dispatch company that handles several cities. If I send in corrections for the multi-city dispatch, and only the tactical channels I use, I would be leaving other city's tactical channel on the wrong site....

My real question is: Is someone responsible for administering that information on this site? Do I just fix the parts I care about and leave anything else for someone else to report?

Patrick

ericcarlson

Database Admin
This site exists due to the contributions of information from its members. If you have information to share, then please submit whatever it is using the "Submit" links located throughout the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.