t4win & pro-2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve2004

Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
update below
 

Attachments

  • t4win_test.JPG
    t4win_test.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
25,906
Reaction score
2,592
Location
Bowie, Md.
T4Win is probably not the best choice since it hasn't been developed in a while - UniTrunker is a better bet.

Did you put a discriminator tap in the 2051? Because of the reshaping done in the audio amp stages, you cannot just feed speaker or headphone audio to trunking utilities like UniTrunker. A discriminator tap is required. 73s Mike
 

steve2004

Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
ka3jjz said:
T4Win is probably not the best choice since it hasn't been developed in a while - UniTrunker is a better bet.

Did you put a discriminator tap in the 2051? Because of the reshaping done in the audio amp stages, you cannot just feed speaker or headphone audio to trunking utilities like UniTrunker. A discriminator tap is required. 73s Mike


Did you put a discriminator tap in the 2051?
if you know how Please share it with us.... nobody knows where it is.


even UniTrunker requires disciminator tap ?
what about a data slicer will that do?

Thanks.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
You will definitely need a discriminator tapped radio. Unitrunker can support a data slicer but it is (a) very experimental and (b) only works on 2K and XP. I can't remember if T4Win was given that capability or not. Most folks use a direct sound input.
 

steve2004

Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
rfmobile said:
You will definitely need a discriminator tapped radio. Unitrunker can support a data slicer but it is (a) very experimental and (b) only works on 2K and XP. I can't remember if T4Win was given that capability or not. Most folks use a direct sound input.


I will go dig my old Pro-2039 this week end... it has one I think. I seen where it should go anyway.

too bad the Pro-2051 is still unknown (it is keept in such secret by R-S )
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
steve2004 said:
too bad the Pro-2051 is still unknown (it is keept in such secret by R-S )
Someone just needs to shine flashlight on the main circuitboard and locate the FM IF chip.
-rick
 

steve2004

Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
I'm not sure if I found the right spot..
check the pics

and Also did a quick test with universal trunker and I also attached a pictures of the result.



Does it look like I found the Discriminator tap of the Pro-2051 ?
 

Attachments

  • U-T.JPG
    U-T.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 2051.JPG
    2051.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 217
  • t4win_screen.JPG
    t4win_screen.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
steve2004 said:
Does it look like I found the Discriminator tap of the Pro-2051 ?
Likely so. Are you able to get 100% decode on any area signals?

Also, with the tap in use - does the speaker audio drop out or loose volume? Does the squelch still work. Sometimes adding a tap will affect these.

-rick
 

steve2004

Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
rfmobile said:
Likely so. Are you able to get 100% decode on any area signals?

Also, with the tap in use - does the speaker audio drop out or loose volume? Does the squelch still work. Sometimes adding a tap will affect these.

-rick

yes 100%

Does the squelch still work: no. it has no effect on the tap just on the scanner speaker)
and so is the volume.

(thank you for pointing it out. I thought something was not right about the squelch.)
 

ab3ai

Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
For the 2051 I used the LND7 point for my tap. It's labeled data skip. works 100% decode with unitrunker and works fine with a data slicer too.
Chris
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top