Tarrant County trunk system

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawntreader

Premium Subscriber
Scanning the Fort Worth / Tarrant County Public Safety Motorola Type II Smartnet with a Uniden BC346XT. Always get lots of traffic on the Fort Worth Medstar Talkgroup. I had heard that the Primary and Secondary MCI talkgroup was where a lot of interesting listening might be taking place, and so I listened (and recorded) some traffic over a weekend when there was a lot of dispatch and hospital/ambulance conversations going on with alpha tags MEDDIS1, MEDJPS and MEDHAR and other hospitals. I never heard either of the MEDMCI1 or MEDMCI2 talkgroups, however. I wonder if these tags in the database are correct, cause these channels should have been in use in some of these calls; or are they beyond the capability in some way of the Uniden BC346XT, or maybe something else I haven't considered, or know about - like they are encoded and the BC346XT does not receive them. I do know that these channels are used, since I have talked with people associated with Medstar that tell me they are used often. Anybody have some knowledge about this system that they are willing to share?

Last edited:

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, they're still active, but it's not something I normally scan. I have heard them used in the past. Generally it's been for coordinating multiple units for incidents where more than one or two units have been dispatched, but I think they also use it as a talk channel at times.

dawntreader

Premium Subscriber
Medstar talkgroup

Thanks for the response. I'll keep listening, I might have just missed the opportunity then to hear that talkgroup on this past Friday when there was a multiple dispatch for the Highway 121 accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.