SDS100/SDS200: TDMA means I need DMR capable radio?

kg7el

Premium Subscriber
Interesting that you've been a member for so long and are indeed.. a newbie. You will find a delay in response for the first handful of post.

The posters on your thread are all very experienced. You've got a steep learning curve, opinion is, it's worth the upgrade to DMR.. even though you don't need it for the essentials.

It was good that you put your location in your profile. Of course we could have found it in your call sign also. Good luck to you.
I've used Radio Reference for years as you see, but never got involved in the Forums, so it thought I was a newbie when I first jumped in a few days ago.
Yeah, I see now that DMR is a SYSTEM type like P25 is, not a sub-function of P25. I am still learning the SDS200, it is quite a machine.
I am trying to enter some DMR services, and still haven't picked up anything, but that is what scanning is all about.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Ah, thank you, the answer I needed. So I didn't need the DMR Upgrade, but I'll use it later. It must of been the way I created a NEW SYSTEM with the wrong type. It's working now. I just need to figure out which SITES carry which talk groups. Seems that not all the SITEs in a SYSTEM, carry the same traffic.
You are correct about not all sites carry the same talkgroups. I'd check in with the Arizona folks since they'd have that information.