SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

DarkAngelT

So did you backup 'tetra_trunk_tracker.dat' ?
Can you send to me. (PM if you like)

Man, I almost exclude! I understood that if it didn't work out it was to send you! But luckily I was in the bin and I will send it to you! (Laughs)

What version of TTT and plug-in we talking about here?

1. The CC SDR# is on MCCH so it's there that call set-up information is displayed.

2. SDR# VC never has displayed right. I did make a change and it should be better at setting the GSSI/ISSI values. It seems to work here for me.

Truth! VC never have displayed correctly! About only displaying information in the NET INFO CC, OK! No Problem!

DarkAngelT

You should be able to run minimized. TTT now communicates fully thru TCP for control and does not need windows visible like before.

That's what I thought! Just wanted to make sure! Wow! I am impressed with the progress of the app! It has been a monstrous evolution since this program began to be developed!

DarkAngelT

With all that TTT has been doing and evolving to this day, the day it gains the ability to monitor multiple LA simultaneously will be perfect!

DarkAngelT

About the error that ran in the window, I already know what happened!

I had configured the windows and used TTT and SDR and when I applied the fixes I had not deleted the DAT.

I'm sending by pm to you!

thewraith2008

Truth! VC never have displayed correctly! About only displaying information in the NET INFO CC, OK! No Problem!
TTT could not directly alter details in the plug-in that was displayed in the sidepanel, it can now. While it seems to work here for me there still may be issues with it if your not seeing anything.

With all that TTT has been doing and evolving to this day, the day it gains the ability to monitor multiple LA simultaneously will be perfect!
That's what TNM is for and can do.
I'd hoped to move the improvements from the current TTT plug-in to it.
TNM was going to be more voice focus than other data types.
I have kind of lost interest in it for the moment.
I would like to see TNM work with DMR as I have a lot of low activity DMR frequencies that I think would work good in this case.

Latest version (v1.6.3.4) can be found here: Release post
- Please download 'TTT_1.6.3.4_release.7z' and install.
- Also download 'TTT_hotfix_v1.6.3.6.7z' and copy and replace the two files into the above install.

DarkAngelT

I found out where I was going wrong! Whenever I set the position the NET INFO windows were either minimized. I did the procedure with them on the screen and everything is working OK!

hamradionl

iw2dtt
Most SDS text show this:
Type: UDT-4 Length: 72 Protocol: User_Defined_192
or this
Type: UDT-4 Length: 44 Protocol: Text_Messaging_TL MessageType: SDS-Transfer TEXT:

When Latin_1 is used it show this:
Type: UDT-4 Length: 96 Protocol: Simple_text_msg TextCodingScheme: Latin_1 TEXT:
Latin_1
TextCodingScheme the txt is unclear or it needs a special or different way for viewing / show / screen print to output
different coding like DOS Latin ? inverted ? or both ?

iw2dtt

iw2dtt
Most SDS text show this:
Type: UDT-4 Length: 72 Protocol: User_Defined_192
or this
Type: UDT-4 Length: 44 Protocol: Text_Messaging_TL MessageType: SDS-Transfer TEXT:

When Latin_1 is used it show this:
Type: UDT-4 Length: 96 Protocol: Simple_text_msg TextCodingScheme: Latin_1 TEXT:
Latin_1
TextCodingScheme the txt is unclear or it needs a special or different way for viewing / show / screen print to output
different coding like DOS Latin ? inverted ? or both ?

ok thanks, but how can i do it .. what settings can i change ...

Gwargl

Hello all,

first, thanks a lot for this nice piece of software. It rocks !

I'm using it in dual mode to monitor several networks, and it does the job quite well. Voice is clear

On one of the networks I monitor, some SDS messages are sent, both on CC and VC.

Here is a sample from SDR# Network Info :
SSI:xxxxxxxxx D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:xxxxxxxxx Type:UDT-4 Length:88 Protocol:Simple_text_msg TextCodingScheme:Available_for_user_application_definition_49 TEXT:'Text_coding_scheme_reserverd_or_user_defined'

The message length varies from 64 to 976.
TTT SDS window does not provide more information. Neither do the log files.
I haven't seen any location data yet on any of the networks I monitor.

What can I do with this data ?
Is there a way to grab the binary string from TTT or SDR#, to "slice" it and eventually extract some kind of clear data from it ?

I've already tried to use the "TETRA_sds_unknown_protocol.txt" file.

I added this line : "xxx;xx;User_Defined_49;e0,r0" with no luck, but I may have missed something...

Am I doing something wrong ? Is this network using a specific TextCodingScheme ?

Once again, thewraith2008, very nice job !

My setup is :
- 2xSDR# v1.0.0.1732
+ NetRemote v1.2.6378
+ TetraDemodulator v1.6.3.8 "custom version provided with TTT"
- TTT v1.6.3.4

MSK495

Hello everyone, vote for adding tetra to Uniden!

thewraith2008

On one of the networks I monitor, some SDS messages are sent, both on CC and VC.
TTT will only monitor them on the MCCH.
The plug-in will show SDS wherever it sees them.
Are you sure the SDS message on VC when seen are not just when VC is on the main carrier (where MCCH is)

Here is a sample from SDR# Network Info :
SSI:xxxxxxxxx D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:xxxxxxxxx Type:UDT-4 Length:88 Protocol:Simple_text_msg TextCodingScheme:Available_for_user_application_definition_49 TEXT:'Text_coding_scheme_reserverd_or_user_defined'

The message length varies from 64 to 976.
TTT SDS window does not provide more information. Neither do the log files.
I haven't seen any location data yet on any of the networks I monitor.

What can I do with this data ?
Is there a way to grab the binary string from TTT or SDR#, to "slice" it and eventually extract some kind of clear data from it ?

I've already tried to use the "TETRA_sds_unknown_protocol.txt" file.

I added this line : "xxx;xx;User_Defined_49;e0,r0" with no luck, but I may have missed something...

Am I doing something wrong ? Is this network using a specific TextCodingScheme ?
The "TETRA_sds_unknown_protocol.txt" only works when the protocol is unknown. Here is is Protocol:Simple_text_msg
Reason you don't see it is because:
TextCodingScheme:Available_for_user_application_definition_49

Available_for_user_application_definition_49 = Unknown structure

Are you using the option in the plug-in: 'SDS - Show binary string ( in PDU output)'
You could probably put it through a binary to acsii convert to see what comes up.

You could make an IQ sample for me and I could investigate it later.

Latest version (v1.6.3.4) can be found here: Release post
- Please download 'TTT_1.6.3.4_release.7z' and install.
- Also download 'TTT_hotfix_v1.6.3.8.7z' and copy and replace the two files into the above install.

Gwargl

Hello,

thank you for your answer !

TTT will only monitor them on the MCCH.
The plug-in will show SDS wherever it sees them.
Are you sure the SDS message on VC when seen are not just when VC is on the main carrier (where MCCH is)

You are right. It happens only when the VC is tuned to the same frequency than the CC.

The "TETRA_sds_unknown_protocol.txt" only works when the protocol is unknown. Here is is Protocol:Simple_text_msg
Reason you don't see it is because:
TextCodingScheme:Available_for_user_application_definition_49

Available_for_user_application_definition_49 = Unknown structure

Ok, here is my (main) mistake. It's probably a customized structure of data carrying some kind of technical data.

Are you using the option in the plug-in: 'SDS - Show binary string ( in PDU output)'
You could probably put it through a binary to acsii convert to see what comes up.

Yes, I'm using the binary output option, but I can't see any binary data in the PDU. Only and always the text I posted, regardless the lentgh of the data string. I thought it could be reversed, so I tested it too. No luck.

You could make an IQ sample for me and I could investigate it later.

I'll send you by PM a short IQ Sample.

Thanks for your help, thewraith2008.

Gwargl

Gwargl

Well, I think that new members can't send PM...
What's the best way to send you a sample ?

Gwargl

Hello,

here is a bug. I can't say if it's generated by the network itself, the tetrademodulator plugin, or TTT.

Sometimes, the txer's SSI is not displayed in the calls window of TTT.
I don't know if it's not forwarded to by the tetrademodulator plugin, or if a wrong SSI structure generates a kind of parsing error, or...?

It results of this missing that the "SSI" is replaced by a "-1" in the "TETRA_SSI.txt" file, like this (third line) :
xxxxxxxx;xxxxxxxx;mcc;mnc;;03/01/2020 15:57:52
xxxxxxxx;0;mcc;mnc;;03/01/2020 22:39:07
-1;0;mcc;mnc;;04/01/2020 07:08:43
xxxxxxxx;xxxxxxx;mcc;mnc;;04/01/2020 05:36:32
xxxxxxxx;xxxxxxx;mcc;mnc;;04/01/2020 09:19:46
xxxxxxxx;xxxxxxx;mcc;mnc;;04/01/2020 09:19:37

TTT continues to work without a problem, until you decide to close it and start it again.
It then aborts, generating a type mismatch error :

Deleting the file or only the line containing the "-1" solves the problem.

Hope it helps !

Gwargl

Gwargl

Concerning the SDS binary output in PDU of the SDRSharp.Tetra.dll plugin, I tried both solutions :

- checked or unchecked "SDS - Show binary string (in PDU output)"

The result is the same : no binary output, and the same text is pushed to PDU, in both cases.

The SDRSharp.Tetra.dll version is 1.6.3.8 modified by thewraith2008 (28/12/2019 08:59)

Hope this helps...

Gwargl

My setup is :
- Windows 10 Pro x64
- 2xSDR# v1.0.0.1732
+ NetRemote v1.2.6378
+ TetraDemodulator v1.6.3.8 "custom version provided with TTT"
- TTT v1.6.3.8