SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

tomekjkp

Hi, I have a question how to change this option in the picture so that it is written there, e.g. Group assigned to issi, as it was in previous versions? I try and can't change it even in G / SSI Monitor

oz1jua

Windows 10 / 64
When using TTT i see both Network info screens in below windows taskbar, using ALT TAB i cant get Network info come visible on desktop
if anyone else have this, please report this matter to thewraith2008

I have same issue. And I think that it has to do with new SDRSharp Software that sits on top.
But I have solve this with check On Top in Network Info window. I am not sure this has been that way for as long
as the SDRSharp has introduced Display parameters.
The best part of the new TTT is that it can now show a lot of encrypted trafic. And a lot of more information on
MS Registrations window.

hamradionl

Sorry i forgot to mention, i am using SDR# 1700 like all other TTT for last 10 months.
MS Registrations window, waiting for this function a very long time, and future wish more to come :)
Hearing voice is nice, but view what actual happening is the best, thank you @thewraith2008

thewraith2008

Hi, I have a question how to change this option in the picture so that it is written there, e.g. Group assigned to issi, as it was in previous versions? I try and can't change it even in G / SSI Monitor
That shows a private call, not a group call.
You can not change the 'Group' label for private calls.
TTT has been this way for a long time.
All private call ISSI activity is stored under GSSI: 0

The 'Group' label for private calls should one of the following:
  • Private - Simplex
  • Private - Simplex[half]
  • Private - Duplex
  • Private - Duplex[half]

Latest version (v1.6.3.2) can be found here: Release post
- Please download 'TTT_1.6.3.2_release.7z' and install.
- Also download 'TTT_hotfix_v1.6.3.3.7z' and copy and replace the two files into the above install.

tomekjkp

That shows a private call, not a group call.
You can not change the 'Group' label for private calls.
TTT has been this way for a long time.
All private call ISSI activity is stored under GSSI: 0

The 'Group' label for private calls should one of the following:
  • Private - Simplex
  • Private - Simplex[half]
  • Private - Duplex
  • Private - Duplex[half]

- Also download 'TTT_hotfix_v1.6.3.3.7z' and copy and replace the two files into the above install.

In version 1.0.14 I could change my name to my own and it was displayed, and now it shows me in this new Private - Simplex [half] and that's why I ask if it can be changed or has it been permanently changed?

Attachments

• fdfgdfg.PNG
    fdfgdfg.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 15

thewraith2008

v1.0.14 was released like 9 months ago. You should have said something back then.

Private calls can consist of ISSI that belong to one of 267 GSSI on my network. A changable label that would apply to one call won't to any other call.
The currently used 'Group' label for private calls tells me three things.
1. It a private call
2. It's simplex or duplex
3. If both ISSI are present in call

I don't see any reason to change this.

hamradionl

Not sure if i understand tomekjkp correctly in version 1.0.14 tomekjkp whas able to change or set a name label in private simplex calls ?
In this new version tomekjkp is not able to set a name label in private simplex calls ?
thewraith2008 did you change the name label function for private simplex calls ?

Last edited:

hamradionl

oz1jua
You have the some problem, and it seem this caused due a corrupted tetra_trunk_tracker.dat file. I delete the tetra_trunk_tracker.dat and start all over, to solve this matter. Hope it keep working ok :)
Question is
Why or how the tetra_trunk_tracker.dat file get corrupted.

thewraith2008

oz1jua was talking about the SDR# window popping in front of the 'Network Info' window when you move mouse over the SDR# window.
This is normal behavior of SDR# and is not a result of any corrupted file.

Question is
Why or how the tetra_trunk_tracker.dat file get corrupted.

If you had sent me the file as I requested, maybe I could have looked into it.

hamradionl

If you had sent me the file as I requested, maybe I could have looked into it.
I am very sorry , do my hurry to solve this matter, i deleted the corrupted file.... next time when it happen again i save the file.... but i hope or wish its solved by itself :)

thewraith2008

Why do I bother offering help to solve problem if one is just going to skip over the instructions I give.

In a PM to you on Sunday I instructed the following:
If the position coordinates are some how wrong for 'Position SDR#' then shutdown TTT then backup 'tetra_trunk_tracker.dat'. Delete main 'tetra_trunk_tracker.dat' and restart TTT.
If that fixes problem then send me the backup 'tetra_trunk_tracker.dat' so I can see what is problem.

This is very frustrating.

but i hope or wish its solved by itself
That's not how things get fixed.

thewraith2008

23th Public Release - TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in - v1.6.3.4

Just a minor release to consolidate the hotfix and anything else listed in the changelog for this version.

Please note that TTT and TETRA Demodulator plug-in has major changes and requires all components to be updated.
I suggest creating a new SDR# and TTT folder for this version.
Please read the documentation for new installation and usage procedures.

This package (version) of TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in (with codec libtetradec.dll) are only meant to be used
with each other and with no other previous versions. To do so will cause issues.

TETRA Demodulator plug-in has been updated by me. "Tweaked Edition (Unofficial) v1.6.3.4"
This is required to be used with TETRA Trunk Tracker v1.6.3.4. Please read the documentation files in zip for plug-in.

This plug-in version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
FIXED: LLC protocol PDU reconstruction error
- Key with same name.

Includes hotfix update (v1.6.3.3)

Updated documentation

see 'changelog.txt' for full list and details.

If SDR# is crashing when 'Demodulator' is enabled, it's because you have not set-up the plug-in correctly.
You MUST do this 1st. This is NOT TETRA Trunk Trackers fault.

You generally need to get these installed:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" and install both 32/64 bit versions (if you use 64 bit OS)

This TETRA Trunk Tracker version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
Summary of changes:

No changes but includes hotfix update (v1.6.3.3)
Rolled up version for release.

see 'changelog.txt' for full list and details.

Has been tested on Windows 7 - Basic (64 bit)
Has been tested on Windows 7 - Professional SP1 (32 bit), English
Has been tested on Windows 10 - Professional (64 bit)

I have created it to suit my needs. And it currently works for me with the TETRA network I monitor.

I make no claim that it will work for other networks.

Please read the provided files for set-up and usage:
  • TTT_set-up_manual.pdf
  • TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf
  • TETRA_Demodulator.pdf
I have tried to be as thorough as possible with the documentation to explain usage and features.
I believe any questions can be answered by reading these files.
These files most likely are not complete and contain errors and are not laid out as good as they could be.

The TETRA plug-in is now been mainly tested with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7-10 64 bit PCs is partly tested with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1732+ on Windows 7-10 32/64 bit PCs is partly tested with no issues seen.

It only works with the provided TETRA plug-in supplied in zip. (2019-December-16).
This version no longer uses a custom compiled version of 'Net Remote'

It is only meant to be a temporary solution until something better comes along.

I'm sure all these changes are going to create addition bugs.
I have tested to the best of my ability.
Putting it in the wild should be a better test of things. Please report any issues.

Note: This link now is to a folder that stores the download, which means the link to the location of the files will stay the same but the files in it can vary.
Download

MD5 HASH 78d8b5c252a1e6657e26c0f954cfdd79

hamradionl

This new version 1.6.3.4 in SINGLE MODE
set VOICE AUTO this is not working. When listening to NONE trunk channels i missing lots simplex calls.
When switch to other or close the TAB sndcp, the sndcp function is turned OFF
NETWORK
private call over 2 different MAIN so one voice is on MAIN-1 and second voice is on MAIN-2

Last edited:

thewraith2008

This new version 1.6.3.4 in SINGLE MODE
set VOICE AUTO this is not working. When listening to NONE trunk channels i missing lots simplex calls.
When switch to other or close the TAB sndcp, the sndcp function is turned OFF
NETWORK
private call over 2 different MAIN so one voice is on MAIN-1 and second voice is on MAIN-2
TTT requires the 'Auto' is disabled.
TTT has always required this and has disabled it.
Now it makes sure it is.

If you are not using TTT to follow, then you need to disable 'TTT Mode Enable' in 'Config'. This will then allow 'Auto' to function.

When you switch tab from SNDCP mode, it disables it if it was enabled. This is how it needs to work.

This information is in the documentation/changelog.

Latest version (v1.6.3.4) can be found here: Release post

RicardoRJ

I noticed that in dual mode the main carrier is not going automatically when changing the tetra carrier!
This happens in CC
In VC works normal
In previous versions this worked automatically.

Congratulations for the work!