TG Activity

ffdtruck1

Premium Subscriber
Hi i was wondering if anyone could tell me how can i see if a talkgroup has had any activity. i was shown something awhile back by someone that shows if a tg has had activity on it or in other words in use

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi i was wondering if anyone could tell me how can i see if a talkgroup has had any activity. i was shown something awhile back by someone that shows if a tg has had activity on it or in other words in use
That's really going to depend on which scanner, as well as if you can connect the scanner to a PC.

ffdtruck1

Premium Subscriber
ahh ok I thought there was a different way of seeing this on radio reference i just rember being shown a chart by someone and you could see that the tg has not been used in some time thanks for the info guys

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ahh ok I thought there was a different way of seeing this on radio reference i just rember being shown a chart by someone and you could see that the tg has not been used in some time thanks for the info guys
I see in your post history, that you were discussing the 996P2 at another time. If that is the scanner you are referring to, FreeSCAN does have a logging feature. ProScan, of course, does as well, as does ARC-XT Pro. See this Wiki page. ID Tracker might also work, but it does not have the capability for programming; FreeSCAN, ProScan, and ARC-XT Pro. can both program the scanner as well as log hits. Using any of these software packages can only log activity when connected to a PC.

ffdtruck1

Premium Subscriber
I see in your post history, that you were discussing the 996P2 at another time. If that is the scanner you are referring to, FreeSCAN does have a logging feature. ProScan, of course, does as well, as does ARC-XT Pro. See this Wiki page. ID Tracker might also work, but it does not have the capability for programming; FreeSCAN, ProScan, and ARC-XT Pro. can both program the scanner as well as log hits. Using any of these software packages can only log activity when connected to a PC.
Thank you for all the information I appreciate it I will some of this a shot