The One Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
So, you are a radioreference.com member.... and you've poked around here for ages.

But, something bothers you... there is just one thing, one thing that this site doesn't do for you, doesn't provide, irritates you, makes you wish you ran the show so you could implement it asap.

So, post for me for the one thing that this site doesn't provide that you would like to see.

So? What is it?

(One post per member please)

-Lb

LarrySC

Sometimes I overlook PVT Msgs. Need a larger font, or something to Flash to get my attention. Others may have the same problem. Larry

brianfoy

RSS feeds for the individual forum areas!

RSS feeds for the individual forum areas!

I would love to be able to subscribe to just the "New York Radio Discussion Forum" posts for example so I do not have to see posts from "Ohio Radio Discussion Forum" in the feed.

Thanks for asking! :)

Brian.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Boy, you must have all the business caught up.:p

How about a 2 letter response in this dialog. Ie, sometimes a response to a query is simply No.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I just feel there should be more moderation on certain forums and posts, not catching them quick enough before it gets out of hand. Not trying to open another can of worms, just a suggestion.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Take care

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I would agree with the ability to select which RSS feeds you see.

I don't have much use for the Tavern and would prefer to not see those messages in my RSS feed.

Radio1114

I think if we could delete and edit our messages it would make it a lot easier and less problems for the moderators.Then they would not have to read just about everyting that an ad says.I know I am a moderator at a couple other sites.And this does save us a lot of time and problems.If there is a typo or listed in wrong place then we can change it before any problems start.Just my 2 cents worth.Thanks Lindsay

hoser147

A limit on usage for non subscribers," if you want to play ya gotta pay" possibily so many trial posts and database uses. after all it is more than a bargain and GREAT JOB on the July changes. Good Scannin hoser147

GM

Premium Subscriber
RR Site Wish-List

My wish-list includes three points:

- I think it's time to delete old threads/locked threads that are of no use to anyone (i.e. flammoratory posts, double posts, irrelevant, etc). Clean-up the site so that only new information/discussions are displayed. (Do we really need 101 pages of RR Tavern topics!?)

- Make a specific time period that a thread should be active for (as of the last post); then deleted after a year or so. Some threads beat a dead horse after a while, & the info. is outdated or maybe discussed several different times in a particular forum.

- I also think that you should be able to edit/delete your post like you used to be able to in the past. This way, I can make corrections to my post once it's posted without a new reply being necessary.

GM

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
fmon said:
Boy, you must have all the business caught up.:p

How about a 2 letter response in this dialog. Ie, sometimes a response to a query is simply No.

Hehe... the business is never caught up, however I'm always keeping a pulse on the community (trying to anyway)

:)

selgaran

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
blantonl said:
Funny thing is that everyone focuses on the forums, instead of the real content that brought this site together... the database!

How about support for the Uniden 996T. ;)

First be able to get DMS location for the radio systems. Later accept a radius for the system.

Would also like to do a radius search for frequencies. In some of the more RF-dense counties, it would be more useful if we oculd do a point / radius search.

And finally, how about allowing the database to output UASD-text files?

Ok, and one more for good measure. How about letting users post scanner configuration files that are presented in the database?

Radio1114

oops sorry Lindsay 1 more for the forums : ) Would it not be a good idea for people that are not paid members or even under 100 posts not be able to post items etc.This I am sure would keep a lot of the not serious people from putting things up that are just wasting peoples time.And not the dreamers.It might be a way to keep the honest people posting on here.Thanks

STiMULi

Since I would bet a million $$ someone is not paying attention to this thread so I will answer for them as well :)

(1) I would love to have a point and click map system that would allow the choice of multiple counties or metro areas at one time. Then allowing the choice of the database output type (.csv, .txt, .usd, .p96, etc...) then allow checkboxes for systems and sites included in the DB perhaps down to the level of discluding certain freqs and talkgroups.

This information would include info associated with the new GPS scanners. LAT/LON, radii as well as locations (POI, DRD, DXG).

This means in the case of BCD996T and BCT15, multiple systems would be output that allows for geometrical (circles) geographical coverage of the selected areas.

Then the output file would be ready for download.

(2) For RR to develop a hosting service for hosting audio from various providers (us) that would allow for some consistancy (icecast, etc) and simplicity for setup and management. This too would be a subscription service that would require the uplink provider to pay for the audio quality and number of connections to the service. The uplink provider would have a webpage that would integrate a live chat for that audio source.

What would be really cool would be to work with one of the IP scanner software providers so the "owner or designee" could manage the scanner remotely during incidents.

RISC777

Make the chat a 'permanent thing.'

Bring back animated avatars being allowed.

(I know you said one thing, Lindsay, I know :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.