Thrift Store finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

Not a thrift store find but a online auction fine.
Purchased a Vertex Vxr 7000 Uhf repeater in working condition for $75.
Will be getting it programmed and on the air soon but its been powered up and appears in good condition.
kb0vwg

I tried to add a picture of it but the upload failed.

Last edited:

lucky43113

Rare to find anything in my area no pawn shops will buy scanners of any kind. Too many people were buying them and they would not work here they were non-trunking. I know, I program most of the scanner people have in my area as no one else does it and its an easy 10 bucks per scanner

Guard3rd

Local Goodwill store withing last few months , 15 x Uniden BCT-15x w/ all cables and prog cable @ $40 ea. (Came from Cal-Fire) , 1 x Stridsberg MCA-204M multicoupler @ $4 and 2 x Stridsberg MCA-208M @ $4 ea.

Im lovin it

mikepdx

A Vertex-Standard VX-160U 16 ch UHF Comm'l Handheld -
Battery looks and acts fairly new.
The radio works well on 70cm FM.

$6.99 at a thrift store...

W9NES

I found a GRUNDIG YB 300PE at a local GoodWill store on Thursday 2/23/17 for $1.60. Brought it home and put batteries in it works great on AM/FM and shortwave bands.http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE0NDA=/z/8jQAAOSw5cNYMkd-/$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F

lucky43113

Went to an auction last night and bought an RCA Scantrak RP6198 new in box all accessories for 16 dollars the last one sold on eBay was in December sold for 105 plus shipping. So I listed mine lol.

W9NES

On Monday 4/2/17 I found a Radio Shack Pro-46 handheld in the box at a local Salvation Army store for $3.00. I put 4 AA batteries in the radio before buying the scanner. Works great.

W9NES

Hello to all, I have found two items*** both at Goodwill***. Item#1 was a Radio Shack speaker mike for a ham radio ht for $1.00. Tried it on the air and I have been told the audio is great. Item #2 was found on Weds 4/26/17. Found a Motorola P-50 two way handheld with charger and antenna on 461.8125 for $2.00(And it works!!!!) I was not looking for these items. They found me and took them home. Lets keep this forum going and let all of us know what you find.Happy hunting everyone.

manlius

Premium Subscriber
Found but did not buy these 2 at a local NJ Flea market.

Realistic Pro-14 10 channel scanner, vendor said it was working but he couldn't hear anything (probably no frequencies in crystals active in this area) was asking $20.00 with old fashioned center loaded telescoping R/S antenna.

Regency MR-33 Monitoradio, vendor was asking $45.00. I don't remember this radio at all.

Back in the early 70's I had the VHF version of that MR-33. It had great audio. I also had an Allied VHF Hi/Lo tunable that I used on the Lo side when Michigan State Police was on 42.48, 42.58, 42.68 and 42.74 Mhz. I'd hook them both up to an old Wollensak (*sp) reel to reel on the slowest speed and let it record all night. Then in the morning, I'd go through the tape at high speed checking for audio. Caught many a high speed chase that way. Crude, but effective for a teen on a budget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PACNWDude

My area must be just a lot more expensive, many CB radios seen though. General Electric model from the early 1970's, $12.99. EF Johnson 4150 CB, $14.99. And Viking commercial VHF four channel radio, $12.99.

Nothing really useful or cheap though. GPS units are often separated from their USB cables, which are thrown into a cable bin.

My area has Goodwill stores with way overpriced electronics - $20 for a 1st generation DVD player, etc...and have never had a scanner, never had a decent radio in the past 5 years. My guess is that they must have some directive to save anything half-way decent and send it to a 'central location' where they would put them on fleaBay? I donated a Moto VHF HT and it never showed-up on their shelf, so I can only make that assumption. Same goes for 'Savers'. In addition, anytime I find a nice box, the electronic item has already been stolen, which is distressing. Saw a Sirius radio in an unopened box, came back the next day with a coupon and the box was ripped open, everything inside was pilfered, radio, cables, even the damn instructions. So I'll quit whining , but really a waste of gas for me to stop at the two thrift stores here every other day.

shadcall

A while back I donated to my favorite thrift store (one that benefits the local humane society) two Radio Shack scanners, a Pro 163 and Pro 164 (no programming cable as I kept that for my Pro 106). I have no idea what price they put on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.