Thrift Store finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

On Thursday 1/21/16 I found a pair(2) of Radio Shack"s( 21-1809)at a local Good will store for $4.99. Thought they were 49Mhz and found out they are on 462.5625. They take 3 "AA batteries and put out 250 mw. They work great and talk to each other. They even have a PL tone on them.

W6SAE

Premium Subscriber
(Disregard, I posted about a non-scanner then looked at the top and saw that this is a scanner forum.)

Last edited:

DJ11DLN

(Disregard, I posted about a non-scanner then looked at the top and saw that this is a scanner forum.)

I have seen posts in this thread about baby monitors, DVD's, and other non-scanner and/or non-radio stuff, and AFAIK nobody has made a gripe. Don't see a problem.:D

W9NES

On Tuesday 2/16/16 I found a very nice QFX Model R-3 AM/FM Shortwave portable radio at a local Goodwill Store for $2.99 with the power cord for ac. Plugged the power cord into ac and was getting shortwave stations on band SW 1 around 6MHZ with the pull up antenna that was on the radio. I also checked it out on 3 D sized batteries and it works great. The sound of this radio is great. Sounds great on am, was hearing 720AM WGN from my basement, very sensitive front end on the receiver. Please let us know what others are finding in this forum. You never know what you are going to find. "Just have to keep your eyes open"

marksroberson

Went today and found a Kenwood KSC-15 charger, but no cable (I probably have one around here somewhere) and after I saw it I was searching high and low for a radio that possibly came with it but didn't find one. I guess i will just make it a radio holder for my desk

W9NES

On Sunday 2/28/16 I found a flashing "Red Light" for my communications center for $.99 cents at a local Goodwill store. Takes 3 "aa batteries.Put 3 new batteries in and it works great.

W9NES

On Tuesday 3-1-16 at a local Goodwill store I found a Radio Shack same weather alert receiver and a fm wireless intercom unit with 3 working units. Both for $5.00 and the both work.

geartow

I like new bct8 in box everything but the manual . The wal wart and back of set antenna were out of there packaging the dc cords ,bracket, mobile antenna in sealed packaging. For big price of $19.99 + tax.

R8000

Very Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Picked up a PRO 668, still had factory plastic on the display from a pawn shop for $175. Works/looks like new. My guess is someone bought it and it was way over their head.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Apologies in advance, but my recent find is also not radio-related. However, this was a great find nonetheless. Got an Epson Workforce 845 all-in-one printer in very good shape at an indoor flea market for $15! I installed new Epson cartridges, cleaned and adjusted the print heads, and this baby works like a charm!

W9NES

Great find bob550. We all find great things including computer items. Computers are another form on communications we all use on a daily use.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It is the RS version of Whistler what model of scanner or another brand?

Yes. It is the RadioShack version of the Whistler WS1080, which is the handheld version of the WS1095 that you disliked. All scanners that RadioShack sells currently are manufactured by Whistler and operates similarly to their Whistler counterpart.

stingray327

Yes. It is the RadioShack version of the Whistler WS1080, which is the handheld version of the WS1095 that you disliked. All scanners that RadioShack sells currently are manufactured by Whistler and operates similarly to their Whistler counterpart.

yES i was afraid of that. In the past I loved the RS radios made by GRE in fact I have a collection of those Pro - 2004, 2005, 2052?, 2022, Pr0-43 and 2006.

W9NES

On Tuesday 4/5/16 I found a Motorola T62RS with a Radio Shack name on the handheld, This is a FRS handheld and gets NOAA weather channels. Runs on 3"AA batteries" bought the radio for .$50 cents. Brought the radio home cleaned it up. Put 3 new AA batteries in the radio. Downloaded a owners manual and now the radio is talking to my other FRS radios. You never know what you are going to find at GOOD WILL. On Weds. you get a 30% discount if you are a Senior.

W9NES

On Weds 5/4/16 at a local Salvation Army thrift store I found a never opened Uniden Pro 510xl 40 channel cb mobile radio in the box for $10.00. And also found a large flashing 360 Degree flashing red light for my shack for $4.00. Hooked up the cb radio today to a old K-40 and was told on the air the radio sounds great. Lets keep this thread going. Please let all of us know what you all find out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.