Timing out empty frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajvet

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC346XT. I have programmed it with the frequencies for my area. It scans very well but will often stop at frequencies that sound like just static and no talking. I have to manually hit SCAN to get it to go past these frequencies. Is there a way to time out these channels? I can lock them out but then I may be missing a broadcast later.

Thanks,

Rich

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC346XT. I have programmed it with the frequencies for my area. It scans very well but will often stop at frequencies that sound like just static and no talking. I have to manually hit SCAN to get it to go past these frequencies. Is there a way to time out these channels? I can lock them out but then I may be missing a broadcast later.

Thanks,

Rich

I checked FreeScan and could not find a "Negative Delay" setting like we have with the HP-1 & the new x36HP radios. You can set on a per channel bases from 0 to 30 seconds delay and a -5 second or -10 second delay that will cause the scanner to move on "even if they are still talking or there is still noise" after 5 or 10 seconds.

Might check under scan "Delay" settings maybe I missed it.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
Often, you can avoid static by programming PL/DPL tones for those channels. If that does not work, you can temporarily lock them out by hitting L/O once. When you turn on the scanner the next time, they will all be back.
The other trick is to program a -2 delay on these channels. This will cause the scanner to resume scanning after 2 sec. This will allow you to see if there is any ligitimate traffic during thosed 2 seconds, (you can make it for -4 sec).

Edit: I forgot this can only be done at the system level, so you would need to move all these suspicious frequencies into a new system with a negative delay.

Last edited:

scanchs

Thanks,

Rich

What is your squelch set at? It sounds like it may be a little too low. Try turning it up a notch or two. That should take care of the problem. :)

ScanCHS

Status
Not open for further replies.