Tippecanoe Trunker help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-24

Anyone run trunker decode programs on Tippecanoe County? Looking for assistance in getting trunker up and running properly. Ive tried trunk88, trunker, and Win4 and cant seem to get any of them to function properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Go-24

ok - I have Trunker running on my laptop now. woohoo !!!! Not sure why it decided to start working, but I must have had something set up wrong.

Go-24

kokomo1 said:
So for someone not familar with trunker software, what does this do for you?

From dataslicers.com ...

"When I got my first data slicer working and saw Trunker running on my screen, decoding and displaying all the system activity at the same time, I was blown away. A scanner looks for activity one talkgroup at a time, but Trunker shows you everything at once. It was like having the blinders taken from my eyes. I could see everything my scanner was missing while it was on another channel or system."

trunker-01.jpg

5 things at once - at this moment only 2 of my scanners picked up the traffic - I missed the other 3 calls. As soon as I can get a voice scanner up and tracking trunker I will be set. (maybe) If nothing else its something else to toy around with.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It will also show you important things, like I-Calls, Associations (with talkgroups), new talkgroups, and if it has a digital flag.

Once you run it for a few days or weeks you can go back and look at your logs to see if any activity shows up for those elusive two or three digit talkgroups that have been reported to have digital activity (or encrypted) and the assocated radio ID's and what agency they may belong to.

Note that the alternate control channel is displayed as "a 857.7375".

If you run it on the 2f2d system for a few days you will also notice a pattern to the type one ID's in block 7. Most of the countly scool corporation ID's were in the 57xxx range and the only sizecode that worked for me was "b" (Uniden sizecode - 2).

Last edited:

Go-24

Oh yah after a few days of running it I have discovered at least 12 unidentified talkgroups on sys1 - most seem to be public school groups. I like watching the patches and associating I-Calls with Departments! Trunker is a lot of fun !!!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Now that you have Trunker running you should try Treport , Trunk88, and UniTrunker to see wht you like best. Look in the RR downloads section for more information.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Why is it that I-Calls are the only digital stuff I picked up at the game Saturday? I didn't notice any P25 talkgroups, just I-Calls...

Go-24

DaveIN said:
Now that you have Trunker running you should try Treport , Trunk88, and UniTrunker to see wht you like best. Look in the RR downloads section for more information.

I have tried Trunk88 - it kept showing the wrong frequencies and it also seems to make the computer chirp - didnt care for it for those reasons. Havent gotten Unitrunker or Treport to work yet ... Which do you like best?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
UniTrunker is the best, but make sure you run the correct profile for Trunk88 and Treport. All of them have there uses, but if you need to run on a DOS PC for 24/7, then Trunker is stable. I've run it for months at a time. Another thing to check on these programs is the polarity of the slicer input.

Last edited:

Go-24

Why do you say its best? I have found the help files for unitrunker to be less than helpful.

The "Getting Started" section goes into great detail about how to launch the program (I think we ALL could figure this out) the file then tells you how the screen will be divided up (ok thats cool) and then it states "With the program set properly and the radio tuned to a good control channel signal" "WOAAHHHHHH" is right, where did you tell me how to set the program up properly?

I guess I will stick with trunker - its plug and play compatiable LOL!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You are using a sound card, correct? Did you try the UniScope to see if it's decoding? You sould be able to hear it through the computer speakers if it's setup to decode. There is a Yahoo Trunker Group that will help. The programmer and users are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.