• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK7360 extended function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio595

Now for my second post...

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I figure this is the best place for it right?

I have a 7360 set up as a 2 tone decoder. It is muted until it decodes and programmed to automatically reset.

this is where it gets weird...
Does anyone Know how/ if I can get a pin on the db15 port to feed 12v only while decoding and automatically reset.

My goal is to ring a bell using a relay that will trip with said 12v from radio.
Any ideas on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

I could also trip the relay by completing a ground circuit through the db15 port.

I believe through the horn alert function this is possible but I cannot seem to figure it out.

NWFD22

Premium Subscriber
question

just a question, but how do i make a frequency muted until it receives a 2 tone code....can it be done to an individual channel or does it have to be enabled on the whole zone?? trying to figure it out for our department but i feel like the way im working it up, there should be an easier way

Now for my second post...

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I figure this is the best place for it right?

I have a 7360 set up as a 2 tone decoder. It is muted until it decodes and programmed to automatically reset.

this is where it gets weird...
Does anyone Know how/ if I can get a pin on the db15 port to feed 12v only while decoding and automatically reset.

My goal is to ring a bell using a relay that will trip with said 12v from radio.
Any ideas on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

I could also trip the relay by completing a ground circuit through the db15 port.

I believe through the horn alert function this is possible but I cannot seem to figure it out.

Radio595

2 tone

You've got to program your tones in the 2 tone tab I think you can have as many as 3 different sets. 2-tone1, 2-tone2 etc. Then go back to your frequency/ channel and in the optional signaling box on the far right select the appropriate 2 tone set. The biggest thing to remember is that in your group decode settings you need to select the AND setting in order to keep it muted until you receive tones. This tells the radio it needs to have a pl tone AND tones in order to open up on that freq.

PM me and if you need more help

stevecast2024

Premium Subscriber
Hi there! How did you make out with this project? Were you able to get the horn alert to function with QCII 2 tone? I am sitting here right now programming an 8360 but it doesnt seem like the horn output wants to function during 2 tone pages. Unfortunately the information on signaling for these is vague and it doesn't seem to show whether horn output works with 2 tone or only with MDC.

Steve

Radio595

Steve you want to use the KAP-2 as Ramal mentioned earlier. Its by far the best/ easiest way do it, it will also give you more options for outputs and inputs. The horn alert is a PITA and I gave up on it. Sorry I couldnt be more helpful.

stevecast2024

Premium Subscriber
Copy... Ill give that a shot. Does the KAP-2 come with the relays built into it that I see in the service manual, or are those separate? So you were able to get it to work once you got the KAP-2 correct?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.