Trouble brewing for CMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

What's new in the CMED New Haven situation? Does any one know what channel CMED Northwest uses to dispatch Valley EMS units or is it all done their own dept frequencies?

From what I hear C-Med new haven is going to be swallowed up by another regional center. Northwest C-med is taking over Midstate hospital patching and already do griffin but are beefing that up and rumor has southwest taking over Milford hospital leaving New Haven with Yale & Saint Yale only, and Yale security dispatch could handle that if needs be

ALl the services are still dispatched on their own channels as in the past, nothing changed. The VEMS paramedics are dispatched on 461.850 PL 77.0

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
From what I hear C-Med new haven is going to be swallowed up by another regional center. Northwest C-med is taking over Midstate hospital patching and already do griffin but are beefing that up and rumor has southwest taking over Milford hospital leaving New Haven with Yale & Saint Yale only, and Yale security dispatch could handle that if needs be

ALl the services are still dispatched on their own channels as in the past, nothing changed. The VEMS paramedics are dispatched on 461.850 PL 77.0

NorthWest uses Med 2 I believe for the patching to Griffin. I think it was discussed before also in this thread or another that some of the agencies like Storm Ambulance use one their own licensed channels to patch in to Griffin. Haven't really listened as of much lately.

Also along with what APX said, there are rumors that the remaining dispatchers may get picked up by some of the other dispatch agencies around. I hope so, I know all of these people and have worked with them in the past. They are the ones really getting the shaft because of all the BS politics around this. No reason why this should have happened.

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
Sad to see CMED come to end. if there is any news of an official sign off lets us know. also may want to let the NY guys and a few others know to drop there tone

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Sad day indeed. I have many fond and fun memories working there. A lot of great dispatchers are loosing their jobs, many of who are my friends. Hopefully the other agencies will hire them.

emtprt

Premium Subscriber
NWPS updated their licenses to operate off the current South Central sites in Seymour and Meriden according to the FCC ULS. Patches will eventually return to Med channels for the Valley units. I am not sure which channels will be utilized but the Northwest PL will be used

APX7500X2

Sad to see CMED come to end. if there is any news of an official sign off lets us know. also may want to let the NY guys and a few others know to drop there tone

The 167.9 South Central PL isn't going away. Yale/Saint Rays and Milford will still be using that PL.

Rumor is Med-10-7-6 In New haven and Med 8 in West haven & Milford will be kept and all others will go
But things could change.

Northwest will be adding their own channels in the Valley using the newer "Splinter" med channels

APX7500X2

The 167.9 South Central PL isn't going away. Yale/Saint Rays and Milford will still be using that PL.

Rumor is Med-10-7-6 In New haven and Med 8 in West haven & Milford will be kept and all others will go
But things could change.

Northwest will be adding their own channels in the Valley using the newer "Splinter" med channels

Well a friend in west haven just told me they dumped South West C-med due to no confidence in management and now AMR in New Haven will be doing C-med for the New haven Area towns and South West will get Milford hospital only.

Milford Rescue 1 was on med 9 South West yesterday testing from many places in Milford.

KB1JHU

They will realize that giving it to AMR was a mistake when someone dies because AMR was sending a unit from Waterbury or Hartford to the New Haven area instead of finding mutual aid. AMR now has a 100% monopoly on the lives of the people in the Greater New Haven area.

leadjammer

C-MED

Just wondering if anyone knows what will happen to the current cmed med 10 frequency 462.975 when the group disbands at the end of June. I know the Bridgeport area operates on the med 9 frequency 462.950 which I can almost never pick up in Hamden even with an outside antenna. I guess the other med channels will still be used to contact the hospitals. Just wondering how much we'll be able to hear and what local radio towers they will be using if any.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
They will realize that giving it to AMR was a mistake when someone dies because AMR was sending a unit from Waterbury or Hartford to the New Haven area instead of finding mutual aid. AMR now has a 100% monopoly on the lives of the people in the Greater New Haven area.

You won't see AMR sending another AMR care from out of the area into New Haven, exception being the Valley which is covered by the AMR - Bridgeport division. There are still some checks and balances to determine that. What a lot of people fear is that they'll continue to sit on calls like they have before instead of going to mutual aid like they are supposed to. At least with C-MED New Haven, they were able to keep on top of the mutual aid and response time frames.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great dispatchers at AMR. However I think they are under the thumb of their management to do a lot of the things that go on. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see a lot of the departments that contract with AMR either contract with someone else or start doing transports themselves in the future if the feared problems come to life. Or you might see a different revamped centralized dispatch system. Who knows though.

KB1JHU

You won't see AMR sending another AMR care from out of the area into New Haven, exception being the Valley which is covered by the AMR - Bridgeport division.

They do it all the time all over the place. They tried to send a Waterbury car mutual aid to Trumbull one time. They were requested and accepted the call. a few minutes and no one signed on so they were called back to get a status of the responding unit, "they're coming from Waterbury". That got them a prompt, "You're cancelled, we'll get someone closer". And there are a lot of good people that work at AMR, but they're a for-profit business and the money comes before the people.

cbear14

I was told by my chief when it's turned over to AMR they will be known as MED-COM.

APX7500X2

Correct its now going to be "MEDCOM" way to steal a name from a C-Med in Long island that shares the same frequencies (Different PL) Still using Med-10 for coordination

From the "MEDCOM" memo (Not the one on long island that's been there for 30 years)

Should any field unit require immediate contact to MEDCOM dispatch, MED 10 will be utilized. There is also a MEDCOM administrative phone 203-499-5600 for any non-patch
Communications. An additional MEDCOM frequency is being established for tactical field operations. This channel will allow responding units to communicate with each other responding to or while on scene.

fdscan

Sorry if this has already been answered -

Will any other CMED frequencies besides MED 10 (MEDCOM) be used with the new system? Or will it just be MED 10 and whatever new frequencies AMR establishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.