Trunking Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner71

Are there any other programs for monitoring trunked systems? Our system is Bell Fleetnet 3600 baud.
I use Trunk88 and Unitrunker but was curious if there were any more programs out there that I could try.

gary123

they are the best. they easilly decode every parimeter in use. The only other program that is of interest is DSD. It will give some info about the P25 packets in use.

Northerner71

How many threads are you going to create to ask this question? What info/activity do you think you're missing?

If you go into my history I have never asked about other programs, I have asked about OSW streams and what I may be missing but never programs. I was curious as to whether there may be programs that aren't as well known as the two usual. Excuse me for asking. Maybe I should just stop asking questions, wait.....that is what this forum is all about. Remember there are no stupid questions only stupid answers. If you are upset because I started a new thread you could have just said, "hey instead of starting a new thread why not ask it here or there." As for what I am missing? I like to know everything and be challenged, I have mastered Trunk88 and Unitrunker, I want to try more. Has anyone ever been inside a Com. Center? Are you sure there isn't more info in those streams? I am curious that is all. Here's a deal, I will never ask that question again, deal? Wait I will go even further than that, maybe I will send private emails first to see if it is a question worthy enough for the public. Deal?

mciupa

maybe I will send private emails first to see if it is a question worthy enough for the public. Deal?

310.gif
fam06.gif

:roll:

slicerwizard

Are you sure there isn't more info in those streams?
For the second time, TRUNK88 reports everything that is sent over the control channel, even events that it doesn't understand. Motorola could come up with a new OSW message tomorrow and TRUNK88 would report it. So yes, I'm sure there isn't more info.

I ask again - what info/activity do you think you're missing? If you provided an answer, this discussion could be more productive.

Northerner71

Ok, cool, how would it report something it didn't understand? Where I live there isn't much action, but the OSW feed is always different so I thought that maybe there was more info embedded in it. I like to know everything and thought there must be more, sometimes I get weird talkgroups that aren't in RR and my decode rate is 100%. I thought that maybe there were things happening that I was missing. I will stop asking questions about the OSW because now I am working on getting Trunk88 to control a second scanner. Thanx for all the info slicerwizard. You have been a big help.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
sometimes I get weird talkgroups that aren't in RR and my decode rate is 100%.

That would be a good indication that the RR database
needs to be updated. Nothing wrong with your T88 as
it is helping show you new system activity :)
I do echo the others in that between Trunk88 and
Unitrunker you will never miss anything on your 3600 Baud
Moto system.
Marshall KE4ZNR

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Because of the implications inherent in the 3600 baud control channel, you're not going to see much more than you already do. There are physical limitations to the amount of data that can be broadcast in a given timeslice, and for a high-availability public safety system, you don't want there to be significant blocking (I believe that's the right word - you don't want a channel grant to not be issued because the system is busy processing background data).

Trunk88 reports unknown OSWs precisely that way: "Unknown OSW" or 'Unknown multi-word OSW sequence' followed by the actual OSW data.

If you know what's going on when those OSWs get generated, then you make a report to Andy, and he puts it in the list.

(or not!)

joe

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Guys, I wonder if we could dial the childishness down a bit.

Northerner71: I think that what you don't realize is that activity on certain forums on this site
presuppose a level of knowledge. Although this one is by no means a "professional" forum, it does assume that you have enough of a background to ask specific questions. That said, let's move on.

mciupa: Really? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.