TRX-1 PROG MERA Gen2 System

oblivius

Premium Subscriber
Thank you... i have programmed all the C-channels into TRX-1. I get no "bars" or Tx from any normally active TG's... I am not a scanner novice... i have successfully programmed a Uniden BCD325P2 with same system using just the Control channels... works as expected. I also tried prog all the C-channels and Voice Channels into TRX1.. no love. Do i need to manually set the tables? RR shows the table freqs and spacing but the radio only has so many features to input some of that table data so im not sure i understand how to do that on this radio.. The TRX1 is approx 2 years old. At this time i dont have means to upgrade the firmware or program thru a PC since i have all MAC devices... Also, i tried to find how to do a factory reset to no avail. Im trying to delete a previously prog P25 P2 system and it won''t even load it. Gives error code to "reset SD card"... All other functions, conventional systems work on this unit.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It looks like you do need the custom band plan, I'm not sure how to do it manually as I seldomly, if ever, do manual programming, I use EZ Scan for that.

As for the Reset SD Card you will either need to try to reformat and start over or replace the SD Card depending on the error code you are getting.

oblivius

Premium Subscriber
thank you kindly... ill exhaust all things before i try the software... i will report here if i can get it going
Hey also, if ANYONE out there knows the band/tables for this system please post... the radio has slots for Lo-Chan, Hi-Chan, Offset and "Step"... there's also a P2FDMA line at the bottom that already has the value 12.5Half... ive never seen that before... THANKS... ive added a screenshot of RR "channal ID table"... If anyone knows how to input this into the TRX1 manually please let me know... very grateful for any help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 17.02.20.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 17.02.20.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Your ID table is for P25. MERA is a Motorola system.

Using TRX-1 EZ Scan, for the MERA system, System Type needs to be Motorola. For the first site, under the Site Options tab and Trunking Tables, you need to select Custom and Edit and enter the following trunking tables:

Lo Ch: Hi Ch: Offset: Base Freq: Step:
380 569 380 482.0000 12.5
570 738 570 488.0000 12.5
739 759 739 490.7250 12.5

Once the first site is completed, you can create the other 4 sites and enter the frequencies. Go back to the first site, Site Options tab, and Trunking Tables. Click on Apply to All Sites. That will enter the custom trunking tables into the other 4 sites.

Last edited:

oblivius

Premium Subscriber
Hello and thank you Tvenger... The table and system to which you refer above is the same system i have all my Non- APCO P25 PHASE II scanners programmed. On October 2nd or thereabouts they switched over to a new APCO P25 PHASE II system which is in the 700 Mhz Freq range.. Is there something im missing with the above information? I have a Uniden BCD325P2 scanner which receives and transmits the new Phase II system and it's not the Motorola Type II Smartzone system to which i believe you referring... Please let me know if i have this wrong. I may just need a Windows OS and device so that i can re-format the SD card... When i try to delete a P2 system i programmed over a year ago it throws ERROR CODES telling me the SD card has a problem. Although im not sure why the rest of the CONV systems work fine..thanks again for your time