Trying to pickup cities around Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

unico

Premium Subscriber
Hi, just starting to join the scanner community. I'm in the Jersey Village area (290 & Sam houston tollway). I can pickup most of what I'm looking for, but of some stuff, I get nothing. I've programmed for Missouri City, Stafford, Sugerland, Galveston, Motgomery county, but get notta. Should I be looking at just certain towers, or have they changed off of the Harris smartzone?

Thanks for the help, running multiple BCT996Ts

Last edited:

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Hi, just starting to join the scanner community. I'm in the Jersey Village area (290 & Sam houston tollway). I can pickup most of what I'm looking for, but of some stuff, I get nothing. I've programmed for Missouri City, Stafford, Sugerland, Galveston, Motgomery county, but get notta. Should I be looking at just certain towers, or have they changed off of the Harris smartzone?

Thanks for the help, running multiple BCT996Ts

You are out of range for the Galveston and Montgomery County sites. If you are interested in just Harris County, analog Site 001 does the trick. It carries pretty much all of the traffic for Harris County. In fact, when I'm down there, I listen to Site 001 only.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Actually from 290 & 8 you should be able to get a Montgomery Co. site (P25) if you have an outside antenna; I can pick them up intermittently from around my area (Keith Harrow/Fry Rd) when mobile. As for the Fort Bend Co. stuff it is all on the Motorola system and a lot of it appears on the downtown tower mfn002 points out. As for Galveston, well that is pretty much way too far away to get anything. Last year I lived in League City and only got Galveston units when they wandered up on the mainland.

Dale67

Ok So i Have a Pro 94B Scanner and i live in Galveston County...Does that Mean that i WON'T Be Able to listen to Harris County or HPD Or HFD?

Sincerly Dale67

FlashSWT

Ok So i Have a Pro 94B Scanner and i live in Galveston County...Does that Mean that i WON'T Be Able to listen to Harris County or HPD Or HFD?

Where you are in Galveston County will determine how well you can receive HPD and HFD. I'm in League City an can pickup most of their channels OK, north-side PD channels have a weak signal though.

Harris County on the HCRRS trunked system will depend on which channels are coming across the towers you are in range of. HCSO Districts 3 and 4 can usually be heard on the Alvin and League City towers. Constable Precincts 2, 7 and 8 can as well. If you can only receive the Texas City or Galveston tower sites I'm not sure how much luck you'll have listening to Harris County.

Status
Not open for further replies.