Tunking SLC and SL County

Status
Not open for further replies.

danaslc

Premium Subscriber
Hello All

I have an itty bitty Pro 163 Radio Shack Scanner. I am using the Win97 Program to upload information. I am having a small problem since upgrading the Scanner to the 1.08 Version. I want to Scan Salt Lake City, which I can with the patches and I would like to Scan parts of the Airport as well. We used to have to use to different feeds. Salt Lake City Public Safety and UCAN. If I program them both into my scanner, either the UCAN will work and not Salt Lake City and the Airport or just the UCAN feeds. I can hear Salt Lake City with the patches in place. I am afraid I am missing a ton out of Salt Lake City. Does anyone know how I can work around this problem I am having? I have tried everything to no avail. I could hear everything before the 1.08 upgrade.

Thanks for the help on this Little Scanner Girl from Kearns/Taylorsville Area.

Spadinator

I have a Pro164 which is the handheld version. I had to put SLCPD in its own bank. If I had any Ucan system in the same bank it would not work. By the way I used PSR edit to program mine.

danaslc

Premium Subscriber
I did put it in its very own bank. It worked the last time but I am having a brain fog this time. What is PSR edit?

Spadinator

PSRedit 300 is the software I used to program my Pro-164. I just checked my programming and my Salt Lake PD programing is using the standard 800 mhz tables and using a closed system. Other that that I'm not sure why yours isn't working.

danaslc

Premium Subscriber
I just looked inside the bank and it is empty for bank 1. I will try and handput the frequencies in. I am using Windows 7 now and I don't know if that has something to do with it. The other banks are fine though. I must be missing something.

danaslc

Premium Subscriber
It worked. But I don't have call tags. Bummer. I guess my next lesson is how to put those in. The Manuel is like looking at my insurance booklet. Thanks for trying to help. I don't know why it won't read SLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.