UCAN Central Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcoray

Good Evening,

I will be in the Fillmore/Millard County area this weekend. Can I be of use in searching for any UCAN activity in the area? I remember reading a few months back that they were possibly expanding the system into this area. I will scan the 800mhz band and see what I find.

bcoray

Listening Results

So does replying to my own post constitute talking to myself?

I just wanted to provide an update on what I found while in Millard County over the weekend. I was unable to pickup a data channel however I did hear a few comms on 854.2125 which is one of the frequencies listed for White Pine Peak above Fillmore. They were only partial and I could not get back to it fast enough to determine who it was.

I spent the weekend in Kanosh which is about 15 miles southwest of White Pine and does not have a direct line-of-site. I'm curious to see how the 800mhz band will propagate in these rural areas. I tend to think they will need more sites than just White Pine and Cedar Mountain. I also noticed what look suspiciously like UCA antennas on a hill above the rest stop on I-15 south of the !-70 junction.

Next time I am in town I will drive around a bit and see if I can sniff out a data channel.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Millard County

Nice job scanning the Millard County area. It will be interesting to see if/when UCAN expands into the rural areas of the state.

Keep an ear out for new conventional frequencies as well. I suspect there are some rarely-used frequencies that we don't have listed in the DB.

-Tim

Hooligan

One iof these days I'll do a joy-ride up to my favorite place -- Beaver -- and listen for anything on 800, but usually, especially for a major entity like the State/UCAN, if it ain't licensed in the FCC database, I assume it doesn't yet exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.