• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G5 Individual Call List

KC3GXH

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 G5's that I am trying to program to 2 different code plugs: one on a G5B, the other on a G5N. Both on a P25 Phase II system. Both have the newest firmware.

I am trying to program the Individual Call List for both. I can get the G5N to show the correct unit alias for each Individual ID. The G5B, however, is still showing the numerical Radio ID, not the alias put in the call list. I haven't been able to find a checkbox that would differentiate the two.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
There's no difference between the two that I am aware in regards to the call list. I would try creating a blank profile, or as blank as you can make it, writing to the pager, and then writing your regular profile after that, and see if it works. I've run into issues before where having a ton of programming seems to cause problems, and writing a blank profile to clear out a bunch of old data, before writing new seemed to help in some situations.

In my case, I use a G5 700/800/VHF profile as my master profile. If I want the same programing in my G4 700/800, I convert the profile to work with different version G5s or G4. If a particular pager doesn't support, say VHF, the program will default any frequencies to the lowest 700Mhz frequency. This keeps me from having to maintain multiple profiles and trying to remember what I've done in each one. I share this in case you're using the pagers as a scanner, like me and many others. Of course, your situation may need separate profiles.

Last edited:

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
How are you handling the calls? Are you adding them to PPS directly, or are you importing the data from a file outside of the software? One thing you can try is to export your call list from the working profile to the desktop, or somewhere easy to find, open the offending profile, and import the working call list into it.

Last edited:

KC3GXH

Premium Subscriber
I created both code plugs from scratch by hand. Everything has been manually entered and verified. Each one is one a completely system that are 100+ miles apart.

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
Another option would be to combine all of the UID's into a single list that is shared by both profiles. I don't know how many you have, but the odds of having duplicates are pretty slim.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
Another option would be to combine all of the UID's into a single list that is shared by both profiles. I don't know how many you have, but the odds of having duplicates are pretty slim.
After adding an alias to a radio ID, how does one get them attached to that channel so it says the alias and not the radio id? I can't figure it out

Edit: does this work with P25C? The system I'm attempting to do this on is not a trunk

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
On tab E6, open up the member list and add radio ID's there. It should work similar to P25T, but I don't have a way to verify. I played around a bit and imported a few from my trunked system just to check.
Screenshot 2024-09-18 230054.png

If you have a substantial list, you can just add info to the first line and then export. This way you get a .csv file in the correct format. Make all of your entries to the file, or import from other sources. After you get your list together, simply import it back to PPS. One thing I noticed is that PPS shows an error for the UID's that are more than 6 digits long.
Screenshot 2024-09-18 230316.png