• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
How hard is it to program a Unification ?
what is the process?

Thanks so Much!
Theodore
You can always go to the Unication website and download the programming software, called PPS.
The closest thing, in my experience, to programming a Unication pager that I've seen, is programming a Whistler Scanner using EZ Scan.

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
It seems intimidating at first, but be patient and as noted above the more you do the more comfortable you will become. I bought my first G5 in the spring and a G3 last month. A valuable piece of advice I picked up from this forum is don't go wild and program everything you want to monitor at first. You may make a beginner's mistake and then have to reprogram everything. Put in one system and (and some conventional channels if you plan to monitor those as well.) If something isn't working properly, it is probably because of a small mistake you made. For example, I noticed I was getting near frequency interference on an EMS channel that I had enabled PL on. I found that in addition to entering the PL tone on the conventional channel you must also enable PL on each scan group containing that channel. If you want to monitor multiple sites of a trunked system you must enter the site numbers in addition to the frequencies. The radios are fantastic!

N0WRE

Got a question on the programming, In the P25 Trunking tab Ver 3.16.9 software In the WACN ID it says HEX I put in the WACN into a converter which was BEE00 which got me 781824 but when you hit enter it changes it to FFFFF. Is that normal? I took the System ID of 420. Any help would be great to answer this.

Thanks for the help in advance.

N6ML

Got a question on the programming, In the P25 Trunking tab Ver 3.16.9 software In the WACN ID it says HEX I put in the WACN into a converter which was BEE00 which got me 781824 but when you hit enter it changes it to FFFFF. Is that normal?

BEE00 *is* hex. Just enter it as-is.

N0WRE

Ok thank you. Does site trunking need enabled and full spectrum scan need enabled? This unit will be for multiple towers in the county that we are programming for. Thanks for all the help in advance.

N6ML

Site Trunking only comes into play when a site goes into site trunking mode - an unusual situation. There was a thread about this within the last few weeks.

Full spectrum scan is probably not interesting to you, assuming that you already know the (control channel) frequencies for your county's system.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
i didnt want to start another tread, so hopefully ou mend me asking a question that relates to programming, i have a G5 VHF/800, Programmed by Phil at East Coast Pagers. i sent him an email a few days ago, but no reply, but no response yet. but i figured id ask here, dont think its that hard, but i have no idea how to program this thing as of yet. but i got the program installed, profile into it, and have looked around.

So, i have 1 Zone, something in every knob position, in Knob Position #7, i have a small county i got to very seldom but like to listen to if i go there. It has only 2 channels , and its currently set on normal scan for that, but i just found out, they only use the new P25 now, not the analog, so i dont need the analog on it anymore and would like to remove it. i think i know how to remove it, but it says i need atleast 2 to scan, so if i remove the analog, what mode do i need to switch it to? Thanks.

TedTobias

You know it's funny he was suppose to get back with me on a purchase? I hope nothing happened to him seems like a real nice guy.
never made the purchase? I would reach out to
[B]gcopter1[/B] seems very knowledgeable his post is a few above us.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I emailed him several days ago and haven’t heard back, call today and didn’t answer. Thanks for your information, greatly appreciate it

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
same here, very odd for him not to return email or call back.

Status
Not open for further replies.