Uniden BC780XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboosey

I have a Uniden BC780XLT hooked up to my server using a Antennacraft ST2. When the scanner is scanning, I and others hear like thumping noise or sounds like someone going down a hallway with high heels at a constant rate. I have moved all my cables around away from any other cables or power outlets.

Do I need to have ground isolators installed?

DPD1

I've heard that metronome type clicking from other radios while in scan mode, but not the 780, so that's kind of weird. However the 780 typically does have a ground loop issue... but that creates a hum usually, not a clicking. But if there's a reverb to it, it sounds like you might have some sort of loop happening somehow, creating a slight delay.

Caboosey

Here is my setup configuration:
1 antenna (Antennacraft ST2)
Coaxial splitter (5-1000MHz Range, EMI -130 dB, loss of -3.5dB)
All coaxial cables are RG6.
BC780XLT sends audio to left side to server. (Scanning 150-500MHz and 855MHz Range)
PRO-528 sends audio to right. (scanning 40MHz range)

I have tried directly hooking the BC780XLT to the antenna and still get same sound. Some days are better than others. I have four APC UPS's all my devices are hooked up. I have changed out my audio cables as well and retighten my coaxial cables. I have the coaxial and audio cables away from other cables and devices.

SCPD

QRT
Have you tried a 1:1 Audio insulator for your feed? If you disconnect the audio cable from the back of the radio does the sound stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.