BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Uniden bcd996p2 errors

DJBio

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone
I am trying to load more frequencies to my 996 and it is going my a ton of errors on Freescann any help would be great

DJBio

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Here is a photo of what is coming up

DJBio

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Won’t load photo for some reason will try something

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
View attachment 137204
This is some of what’s coming up
Are those sites on this system?

FreeSCAN, the first time or two that it loads a new programming file, generates those, and other errors, that can be ignored.

If I guessed the correct system, that is a P25 system, and no band plan is needed, The scanner will get what it needs from the control channel data.

You might also see a warning about missing weather data. Ignore that as well.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
FreeSCAN is abandonware, and hasn't been updated or supported in quite some time.

You're definitely better off using a current software package for programming. I recommend ProScan, as it's far and away the most comprehensive and feature rich software for nearly all modern Uniden scanners in one single package, and is constantly updated and well supported right here on RR. If you ever decide to upgrade to a 536HP or SDS200, you can use the same software and adapt the programming for other scanners.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As GTR has noted, ProScan is much better software. It has a number of features that FreeSCAN does not, and it works for a wider number of scanners, from my SDS series scanners all the way back to the long discontinued BC250D. WHile you jave not mentioned DMR nor NXDN, should you, at some future date, decide to add one or more of those upgrades, you'll find that FreeSCAN does not fully & correctly support DMR and offers no support at all for NXDN. ProScan does have a 30-day free trial if you want to try before you buy.

The FreeSCAN error message above generally crops up for one of a couple of reasons.

If you have already loaded a programming file, then try to either re-load the same file, or another sizeable file, you might be exceeding the memory capacity. When loading a file, use the option to delete the existing programming before loading new lists.

The other time that often comes up is when FreeSCAN loses track of which scanner is being programmed. I ran into that occasionally when, say, I programmed my 330T, then disconnected it & connected one of my 396XTs. FreeSCAN was expecting the 330T to still be there, and then errored out when a different scanner was in place. Presuming that you did not try to send too many files to the scanner, without clearing memory, try this:

With FreeSCAN open & running, and with your scanner connected, click on the drop-down Scanner menu.
Select the Control Scanner option
1677386886196.png

At the next screen, the Virtual Control menu, select the Com Port Setup. (Ignore the fact that it might already show a port.)

1677387067957.png

On the Com Port Setup menu, select Start Auto.

1677387206981.png

That lets FreeSCAN "find" the port you are using, and identify which scanner is connected.and identify which one it is.

Here, FreeSCAN has identified my 325P2 as connected, and the port it can be found on.
1677387385812.png

After getting it to set the port, for the correct scanner, close those menus & try to load your file.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I am trying to load more frequencies to my 996 and it is going my a ton of errors on Freescann any help would be great
You can also use Butel ARC-XT software for the BCD996P2. I use ARC-XT Basic. Both ARC-XT and ProScan have a free trial period to decide which one you like better.