Uniden Remote Head Project

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Maybe you should have asked before you bought.

Yea, "So can I see this nice colorful screen in a fair amount of sunlight, like I can with the SDS200, or is it much dimmer?"

Come on, they are sub par. Hopefully somebody will do a mod later on that will improve it.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Yea, "So can I see this nice colorful screen in a fair amount of sunlight, like I can with the SDS200, or is it much dimmer?"

Come on, they are sub par. Hopefully somebody will do a mod later on that will improve it.
A simple, "How's the SDS200 screen look in direct sunlight?" or "I plan on using it in my vehicle, how well does the display look in direct sunlight?". That is what the Prospective Owner section here is for.

I am not trying to be a smart ass, I am just wondering if you did any research on it being used the way you intended before you plunked down $700+ for the scanner?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
An we all know the only reply, if any, that would have been given is "Yes". They sure wouldn't say "Not really"

And I have 2 SDS200's. But the nice color screens on them both is terribly inadequate with even average daylight. Strange how the SDS100 series don't have that issue

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Well, the nice color screen on my sds200 is quite adequate in my home sitting next to an East facing window and in my RV mounted to the left of the steering wheel on the knee panel and facing up. And yes, in the RV I rarely look at it. I mostly just listen for traffic/accident/fire dept/backups on the road ahead. I, myself, don't really need or care to see which agency is talking.

Day or night.

• Haha
Reactions: RRR

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Good morning fellas,

So, after this unit has sat on my desk for the past six months, not being used at all or in the application I bought it for, due to the case, I am back to see if there is any progress on obtaining or creating a new case for the units? If not, could there possibly be an STL file for it so that those of us with 3D printers can try and make better cases for ourselves?

I have not wanted to chance this unit "melting or deforming" when left in my black-on-black truck during the high heat times of the year. Has anyone had experience with the cases having issues in either heat or cold elements?

ra7850

Good morning fellas,

So, after this unit has sat on my desk for the past six months, not being used at all or in the application I bought it for, due to the case, I am back to see if there is any progress on obtaining or creating a new case for the units? If not, could there possibly be an STL file for it so that those of us with 3D printers can try and make better cases for ourselves?

I have not wanted to chance this unit "melting or deforming" when left in my black-on-black truck during the high heat times of the year. Has anyone had experience with the cases having issues in either heat or cold elements?

Hi,

We have not had 1 instance of anyone with any issues regarding the case. I can send you the current stl file if you want to try and print one for yourself. On a side note I also have a black truck, and have left the device in the mount on the dash for days on end here in PA., and have no issues at all. PM me here for the STL file.

Robert

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
I tried to order one of these, as it said, "NOW SHIPPING!"...

A.GIF

... but it then came up with...

B.GIF

... kind of confusing. I guess I'm on a list, but have no idea where I am on that list or or how long it'll be before my time arrives.

ra7850

I tried to order one of these, as it said, "NOW SHIPPING!"...

View attachment 123273

... but it then came up with...

View attachment 123274

... kind of confusing. I guess I'm on a list, but have no idea where I am on that list or or how long it'll be before my time arrives.
Hello

Due to current supply issues throughout the world, there are no Raspberry PI 4's available to build more devices. I have to update the website.
If you completed the form above you are on the list of those interested in purchasing a device. When and if we can get more Raspberry PI 4's we will update and reach out to those on the list that is being compiled. In addtion, the cost to purchase the Raspberry PI 4 has more than tripled since we started building the devices.

Robert

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Hello

Due to current supply issues throughout the world, there are no Raspberry PI 4's available to build more devices. I have to update the website.
If you completed the form above you are on the list of those interested in purchasing a device. When and if we can get more Raspberry PI 4's we will update and reach out to those on the list that is being compiled. In addition, the cost to purchase the Raspberry PI 4 has more than tripled since we started building the devices.

Robert

Thanks for the clarification and status update.

Julian1

SDS 100 / 200 Suggest option for SIMPLE display.
I always keep my SDS100 display set on SIMPLE. That provides an uncluttered screen. All I want to see is Favorite, Department, & Channel. Especially in my vehicle.