Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 Color Schemes

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
I use my 100 mainly while driving, and my eyes are getting old and tired, so I like to keep things simple to see and easy for me to read. Here is my setup:

SDS100 Display.jpg

KO4IPV

This is fun

Attachments

• 1A89D035-0FE6-4DF3-959F-752B5CA66730.jpeg
    1A89D035-0FE6-4DF3-959F-752B5CA66730.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 112

NoClue48

I've perused all the posts (and images) in this thread and have come to the same conclusion as I have for photographs that have been altered with Adobe's Photoshop... why?! The mere fact that you have a tool or application allowing you to change what is displayed, doesn't necessarily mean you should.

Other impressions:
  • some displays are so busy that the mind can't overcome the initial assault on its senses and it is unable to decipher what in the name of Samuel Morse is going on here...
  • in addition to the above, the mind is so shocked that it is unable to determine what information being displayed is relevant and what is not
  • some displays are so harsh that they nearly make one's eyes bleed
  • monochrome is truly easier to read and comprehend than rainbow or kaleidoscope
I have an SDS100 on backorder and this has been the most informative post yet discovered in my research. I can assure you all that I will be using a monochrome scheme.
[out]

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Color can be useful on a detailed setup to group data by type, so you can display a lot of info and keep it visually organized and segregated by type. You lose that with a monochrome display.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I've perused all the posts (and images) in this thread and have come to the same conclusion as I have for photographs that have been altered with Adobe's Photoshop... why?! The mere fact that you have a tool or application allowing you to change what is displayed, doesn't necessarily mean you should.

Other impressions:
  • some displays are so busy that the mind can't overcome the initial assault on its senses and it is unable to decipher what in the name of Samuel Morse is going on here...
  • in addition to the above, the mind is so shocked that it is unable to determine what information being displayed is relevant and what is not
  • some displays are so harsh that they nearly make one's eyes bleed
  • monochrome is truly easier to read and comprehend than rainbow or kaleidoscope
I have an SDS100 on backorder and this has been the most informative post yet discovered in my research. I can assure you all that I will be using a monochrome scheme.
[out]

That was entertaining to read. But I guess it's good there's so much customization - each person can set it up to their preference and isn't stuck with my or your opinion as what their display should look like. Some like lots of color, others like a more basic setup (my preference). But...there is no right or wrong, despite how your post leaned and seemed to imply.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
That was entertaining to read. But I guess it's good there's so much customization - each person can set it up to their preference and isn't stuck with my or your opinion as what their display should look like. Some like lots of color, others like a more basic setup (my preference). But...there is no right or wrong, despite how your post leaned and seemed to imply.

That's what I like about the SDS100. You can customize is so that you like it! I got some really good ideas from posters here and it works well for me; if anything this thread provided a lot of inspiration while I patiently waited for my SDS100!

NoClue48

Thank you (I think). But really, please excuse me...

I am just expressing my opinions; the practice of which is wholly endorsed by numerous other posters herein. There absolutely is a right or wrong way in MY eyes, but that is the point--it is my prerogative. You and all the other independent thinkers and tinkerers are free to do and should do as you SEE fit.

I can't tell you how tempted I am to splash colors around in this reply by using the rainbow in each line of text. However, I'm sticking to my original thesis: just because I CAN splash colors, doesn't mean I SHOULD...:cool:
[out]

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Thank you (I think). But really, please excuse me...

I am just expressing my opinions; the practice of which is wholly endorsed by numerous other posters herein. There absolutely is a right or wrong way in MY eyes, but that is the point--it is my prerogative. You and all the other independent thinkers and tinkerers are free to do and should do as you SEE fit.

I can't tell you how tempted I am to splash colors around in this reply by using the rainbow in each line of text. However, I'm sticking to my original thesis: just because I CAN splash colors, doesn't mean I SHOULD...:cool:
[out]

Absolutely correct. Glad you agree it's opinion and there is no right for everyone. Your original post was very "well, now that I've looked at everything I'm going to tell you the 'right' way" which is not the spirit of this thread nor accurate. Opinion is opinion and should be shared as such. :)

There are plenty of schemes in this thread I've thought "nope I'd never do that" but I didn't cut them down, even in a sideways fashion. Better to show some class. (y)

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
That's the beauty of the SDS display option's... Set it up how "YOU" want it and/or what works best for you...
My setup breaks the colors up for "ME"... So my eyes are drawn to the System, Department and Channel first...

This is a screen shot of ProSan's virtual display, but that's what the scanner looks like... Yes it is a very busy display...

SDS display.jpg

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
No fonts are changed anywhere...
The pict in post #196 is a screen shot of ProSan's virtual display... Config for the scanner display imported to ProScan from sentinel...

This is the only pict I can access quick at the moment of the actual scanner display...

Mind you.. post 196 is the SDS200 and below the 100... I have them both set the same...

IMG_0048.JPG