Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 Color Schemes

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Is that in the display setting on the scanner, or do I have to set that up?
It's a preset in the display options setting tab. Or a shortcut- hit the channel softly to stop the scanning on any channel. Hit function. Hold the #9 key down for 3 seconds. It should change to the black background - white text mode. Now hold the 9 down again for 3 seconds and it will go to the white background display.

Reconrider

It's a preset in the display options setting tab. Or a shortcut- hit the channel softly to stop the scanning on any channel. Hit function. Hold the #9 key down for 3 seconds. It should change to the black background - white text mode. Now hold the 9 down again for 3 seconds and it will go to the white background display.
Yup that’s amazing. I did it through the menu but omg this is super gorgeous. Might run this as my full time color display. Is it possible to make it my setting in sentinel?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I personally like the ProScan window, which I can keep the colorful scheme big where I can see it, but the actual radio I keep on B&W for easier-to-read. Old eyes.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I like it Jim! Coming along nice. I updated my tag locations a little and added a couple since the last time

Looks good, Bob. Kind of the same concept I did. I may still change things a bit. I do not see your tags on your display. Am I missing it?

I anticipate getting the SDS200 for my car and will probably keep it on the simple display so as not to distract me or make it harder to see if I glance down.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Looks good, Bob. Kind of the same concept I did. I may still change things a bit. I do not see your tags on your display. Am I missing it?

I anticipate getting the SDS200 for my car and will probably keep it on the simple display so as not to distract me or make it harder to see if I glance down.
Yes no tags for me. I haven't used them yet. I hear you about the distraction lol. Good luck with the 200. I'm sure it won't be long before I pull the trigger on one also. Maybe there will be $100 off again on black Friday like last year.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Pretty bad that we have to set it to black and white to read it. SDS100 display is nice and bright, SDS200 is ridiculously poor for daylight viewing, even when sun is not directly on it. Portable is much brighter.

Also, on the smaller details, if you have a block on them the same color, they all blend in together. You should at least alternate the colors of them.

Reconrider

Pretty bad that we have to set it to black and white to read it. SDS100 display is nice and bright, SDS200 is ridiculously poor for daylight viewing, even when sun is not directly on it. Portable is much brighter.

Also, on the smaller details, if you have a block on them the same color, they all blend in together. You should at least alternate the colors of them.
I don't need it as white on black, it's simply easier to read than a black background with other dark text while you're outside.
My normal day-to-day glasses/sun glasses have really dark tint so it's just hard to read it sometimes.

Having the black on white is really nice. Shows how good the screen actually looks too.

Reconrider

He's mind, Got scanner in May and has worked wonderful
What do you have in the micro usb?
My sds100 has one, but I have no idea what it's use is for. Can't find anything online or in the manual for it

Reactions: RRR

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
My sds100 has one, but I have no idea what it's use is for. Can't find anything online or in the manual for it

Some good info about the mysterious microUSB port here.

The microUSB port has been speculated that it's a interface to use the SDS100 as a SDR Receiver. It accepts certain serial commands, but otherwise its been more or less classified for "future updates."

You may also use the microUSB port to power the SDS100 and not use the battery. You cannot charge the batteries from the microUSB port.

Reconrider

Some good info about the mysterious microUSB port here.

The microUSB port has been speculated that it's a interface to use the SDS100 as a SDR Receiver. It accepts certain serial commands, but otherwise its been more or less classified for "future updates."

You may also use the microUSB port to power the SDS100 and not use the battery. You cannot charge the batteries from the microUSB port.
Hmm that's pretty awesome. I'm going to take a look on that link. THank you

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Port for "Future updates"

I would sure like to see that! (y)

N9PVW

Premium Subscriber
The Micro USB is plugged into my computer, I use ProScan to control scanner with computer. The D-Link is used to to supply a link between the scanner and the computer, this way i'm able to utilize a IP address without being on the internet, this is used to be able to use ProScan for audio. ProScan does a better job recording than the build in Recorder for organizing